Chapter 18

Rome POV

I stared at Destiny as she slept, she was beautiful as hell. A nigga still ain't been able to get some sleep. My mind went to last night.

It for real caught me off guard when Destiny said she was ready. Shiiid, I was ready to take the shit until my phone started ringing and Isha's name popped up, a nigga started feelin' guilty as hell.

"How long you been up?" snapped me outta my thoughts. I looked down and Destiny was looking back at me.

"For a while." I replied simply. I was tired but my eyes wouldn't close. The whole night I was up thinking about Sabrina. Where the fuck could they be at? Patty didn't live here anymore so I don't know where she would be at.

"I gotchu something." I sat up and so did she.

"You didn't have to do that." she said.

"I know but I wanted to." I handed her a red box.

"Rome it's beautiful." she gasped.

"Ever since the shit with Brina has gone down, I realized how much y'all both mean to me." I spoke honestly. "Y'all all I got. Don't just cry, open the shit." I chuckled.

I got her ass a locket with a picture of me and Brina in it, so no matter what she'll remember we always with her. I got one for Brina and I'ma give her it when I get her back.

 I got one for Brina and I'ma give her it when I get her back

"Thank you so much." Destiny kissed my cheek.

"Yeah, yeah, stop wit all that cryin' though." I smirked. My phone rang which distracted me.

"Wassup?" I answered.

"Yo, I think I got some shit on Sabrina, you needa come down here quick."

"A'ight I'll be there in a hour." I hung up.

"Lemme drop you back off. Why you stayin' at Kellcey's place, anyways?" I asked. I been meaning to ask her cause shit didn't seem right.

"I found out Lloyd isn't my real father." she confessed.

"Damn, for real?" I looked over at her before looking back at the road.

"Yeah, my mother was raped and that's how I got here." I noticed she was looking down so I grabbed her hand.

"Shit, by the way he's protective over you, I wouldn't have known he wasn't yo real daddy." I shrugged.

"I just had to get to get away for a while." she mumbled.

"How long has it been since you seen him?" I asked.

"A couple weeks." she said.

"Damn, Destiny that's a long ass time." I shook my head.

"Do you think I'm wrong for not talking to him?" this time she spoke up louder.

"All I'ma say is, at least you got somebody to love and care for you. I ain't got that shit. I'm over here worried about shit that I shouldn't have to. Be lucky that a nigga at least took care of you like you was his." I looked at her for a while while the light was red.