Chapter 8

Destiny POV

"Whaaaaat? Was it big?" Bristol asked when I talking to the triplets about the couple of days I spent with Rome.

"It was." Rocky laughed when my face turned red.

"It's too big, it's too wide, it won't fit." Jay sung.

"So, it was just hanging there in your face?" Jay started laughing too.

"Yeah but as soon as it fell he picked it up." I said.

"So are you feelin' him?" Jay asked after the laughter ceased.

"He's okay." I shrugged and tried to play it off.

"Listen, it's cool if you are but you just got outta a relationship, so don't rush anything." Rocky warned.

"I know." I nodded.

We were just sitting around talking while we ate our food at Burger King but all the conversation stopped when we saw Fizz and some girl walk in together smiling.

I looked around the table.

Bri looked like she felt bad for Jay, Rocky looked like she was unbothered and Jay looked like she was about to cry.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, he ain't my man. Ain't no reason to be stressed out." Jay shrugged.

"You know Fizz is still feelin' you." Bristol commented

"I said I'm good." she snapped.

We left soon after.

*********

"I understand that she's in her feelings about it but damn, did she expect him to wait for her forever. This ain't one of those damn wattpad stories she reads on her phone." Rocky smacked her lips as we walked around the mall.

Jay decided to go home after we saw Fizz and she made it clear that she wanted to be alone.

"I know but I still wished things weren't like this between those two." I sighed.

"There's nothing we can do, Jay refuses to talk to him and we can't make her." Bri said.

"I don't know about y'all but I'm done trying when it comes to them." Rocky shook her head.

"Let's talk about something happy, like how my baby is gonna be four next Saturday." Bristol changed the subject.

"Kai's growing up too fast." I smiled.

"Next thing you know, he's gonna have him a lil girlfriend." Rocky teased.

"Hell no, he too young and innocent. My baby is not gonna be able to date till he's outta high school." Bri said.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Duh." 

"That's a little much Bri." Rocky said.

"Dating is a distraction, I just want him to know his priorities when he get's older." Bri shrugged.

"So what if Daddy said you couldn't date Smoot until you graduate?" Rocky asked.

"I mean, he would still be mine, it just wouldn't be official." 

"Kai's gonna say the same thing." I pointed out.

"Whatever." she brushed us off.

"You never told us what else happened when you were with Rome." Rocky said.

"Nothing really, we just kind of kissed." I mumbled the last part.

"Y'all what?" Bri asked.

"We kind of kissed." I said louder.