Chapter 30

Destiny POV

"I'm so proud of you." Morris said to me while we ate dinner.  We were at this banquet that his boss  invited him too.

"Thanks." I gave him a fake smile. I was starving and this little salad was not cutting it.

I had to keep myself from staring at the steak on Morris' plate as he ate. It has now been a month and the weight has been coming off of me pretty well.

No one has noticed me eating less and I'm so thankful for it. I don't feel like hearing anyone's shit about what I'm doing.

"When you're finished I want to introduce you to some of the people I work with. I think they would love you almost as much as I do." Mo smiled at me. I wanted to feel happy that he loved me but I was so hungry I didn't know what to do.

When I was done eating he did what he promised, he introduced to a lot of his coworkers. Some of them were nice and others were just boring. I felt like an accessory because Morris would introduce me and then ignore me while he talked to the people he saw every day.

"What's wrong?" Morris asked when he was done talking.

I'm hungry as hell

"Nothing." I lied.

"Are you sure-"

"Morris! I'm so glad you came." so random girl came up to us.

"Susan, you know I wouldn't miss this for the world

"Susan, you know I wouldn't miss this for the world. You look beautiful tonight."

Beautiful? All I got was an okay.

I looked at the girl and I admit she was gorgeous, she was also shorter than me and thinner.

They both started talking as if I wasn't even there. I cleared my throat to get their attention.

"Oh, I'm sorry Destiny. Susan this is Destiny. Destiny this is Susan." this whole night he's been introducing me as his girlfriend and now I'm just Destiny.

"Nice to meet you." I gave a fake smile.

"You too, sista girl." she put up her fist.

I know this girl did not just do that.

"You must feel so lucky to have such a charming boyfriend like Morris." she giggled. I noticed Morris was blushing.

"Charming isn't the first thing the first thing that comes to mind when I think about him." I acted as if I was joking but I was being serious.

"Morris, I'm ready to go." I interrupted their conversation.

"But Destiny, I'm in the middle-"

"I don't care. I want to leave, now." I wasn't changing my mind. Morris gave me a look before hugging Susan, a little too long for my liking.