Chapter 28

Destiny POV

I looked down at the plate of lasagna staring back at me.

Maybe he's right. I thought as I pushed my plate away from me. The words Morris said to me a couple days ago stayed in my mind.

We were eating dinner and the whole time he made comments about me eating too much. I guess I've put on a few pounds and he noticed.

"Desi, you're not gonna finish your food?" Sabrina asked as she ate.

"I'm full." I gave her a fake smile. "Sabrina, let's talk." I went and sat next to her.

"Okay, what about?"

"Your brother told me about you not liking your skin color." I've been meaning to talk to her about it but couldn't find the right approach.

"I don't want to talk about it." she sighed.

"Sabrina, you're beautiful. It doesn't matter what you're skin co-"

"It's easy for you to say. You don't look like me. You're light skin and pretty." she cut me off.

"Sabrina-"

"Can I go to my room, I'm not hungry anymore?" she avoided eye contact with me.

"Sabrina-"

"Please?"

"Yeah." I sighed.

I watched as she left. I can't stand that she's hurting and I can't fix it. I cleaned up the mess before heading to Rome's room.

"Come in." he yelled.

"You hungry?" I asked.

"I could eat."

"Okay, let me go make you a plate." I left and returned soon.

"Isn't Yaya suppose to be here by now?" I asked as I fed him.

"Yeah, I don't know where her ass is." Rome sighed.

"Do you need me to stay the night?" I didn't mind staying here since this as been my second home for the past two weeks.

"No, it's only like 5. She should be here in the next hour." he continued to chew his food. I nodded my head.

"Damn, you droppin' food on a nigga." he complained when a piece of food dropped off the fork and onto his face.

"I'm sorry." I giggled as I wiped his face. "I tried talking to Sabrina."

"How did it go?" he asked. I started feeding him again.

"She said I didn't understand because of how light my skin is. Rome, I don't know why she thinks she's ugly."

"A nigga don't know what to do." he sighed.

"I think I'm just going to ask Kellcey to help her. She can relate more to Sabrina then I can." I shrugged. When he finished eating I cleaned up and went to check on Sabrina. I opened her door and saw her sleeping.

I kissed her cheek before tucking her in. I went back into Rome's room grabbed his phone and sat down beside him.

"Damn, it's going down in your DMs." I told him as I went through each of the messages.

"The hoes love the kid." he gave me a cocky smirk.

"And the kid loves the hoes." I rolled my eyes and laid down so my feet were laying next to his head.

"I know you don't have yo crusty ass feet in my face." Rome smacked his lips.

"Now you know my feet are pretty, remember that time you painted them?" I laughed at the memory.