2: American Tune (Captain America)

( I do not own most of the characters in this story. Most of them belong to MARVEL. Also I do not own any of the references I may make during this story. Full credit goes to the rightful owners.)

Thirteen year old Emily Rogers never thought her life would come to this.

Buckle up folks this chapter is gonna be sad. I feel for Emily Rogers. I really do. When I look back at her life I see yellow now all I see is broken pieces of blue and under those broken pieces are yellow desperately trying to break through.

Time to go back to when this super small super pale curly blonde haired brown eyed girl was happy.

After Steve Rogers' wife died, Steve took two day old Emily and Bucky and moved to a quiet state. A state far away from the madness of the world. Wyoming.

He would've moved back to Brooklyn but he was worried that's where trouble would start the fastest.

The Rogers and Bucky were pretty happy in Wyoming. Steve made the right choice. Nothing happened until Emily was about nine.

But before I talk about that, here's some information that will be helpful later on in this story.

The Rogers and Bucky lived in Jackson Wyoming in a small yet big enough for them condo. They lived right next to Emily's best friend, Mia.

The two girls did everything together. Walked their dogs together. Did their homework together. Danced together in school concerts.

So you can imagine how hard it was to separate the two.

At the age of nine Emily's life was in danger.

Emily and Mia were walking their dogs in the front of the condos. Steve sat on the front porch looking at them.

Suddenly the dogs started barking like he*l.

"What is it Sgt.?" Emily asked her dog Sergeant.

A man appeared out of nowhere. He grabbed Mia.

"Emily!" She screamed.

Emily let go of Sgt.'s leach. She was in shock of what was happening so she stood there watching her dog attack the man.

Steve grabbed his shield, which was behind the chair, and jumped off the porch.

Bucky heard screams and came out of the house. "What the he*l?" He questioned as he ran to Steve's side.

"Emily get back." Steve stepped in front of his daughter.

Emily wanted to speak up and say "No I got this." But she kept her moth closed. She knew her over protective father would never let her step in front of evil.

The scene wasn't a dark shade of black like most scenes. It was more like a dark grey. Mia wasn't in danger. The man wasn't even armed.

"Let her go." Steve's teeth gritted.

"No." The man's face was covered. All you could see was his red eyes. His voice was all to familiar to Bucky and Steve.

Steve grabbed Emily and ran to the condo. "Bucky get Mia!"

Bucky fought to get back Mia while Emily sat in the condo asking questions to her father.

"Who was that man!" She questioned. "Why did you and Uncle Bucky look shocked when you heard his voice? Why did he take Mia?" The small blonde was in tears.

"Emily." Steve gave his daughter a hug. "It's going to be alright. Mia is safe." He looked at her big brown eyes. "But we aren't." He didn't want to say they had to move so he quickly said "We have to be careful from now on." He hugged her again.