17: Carry On

(I do not own most of the characters in this story. Most of them belong to MARVEL. Also, I do not own any of the music, reference, and videos I may use in this story.)

A/N (2021): I unpublished chapter 16 because of the harsh subject manner and me not knowing how to write something that could be very triggering at the age of 14

A couple days had passed and not one soul was at Avengers Tower. Everyone was home trying to get back to their normal everyday lives. I always found it shameful how they all thought S.H.I.E.L.D was set aside from their everyday lives, when really it played a major role in their everyday lives.

Clint and Nathaniel went back to their farm on a warm Sunday morning. Laura was standing on the front porch, waiting for them. She saw two figures slowly walk up to the farm and smiled. Her boys were home. She walked down the steps and held out her arms. Nathaniel walked right into them and gave his mother a hug. "Papa Hawk doesn't get a hug?" Clint make a sad face.

"No." Laura smiled as she kissed him on the cheek.

"Ewww!" Nate said.

"You'll like this someday." Clint said, wrapping an arm around Laura. Just then, Lila walked out of the house. "Dad!" She smiled as she ran down the steps and into Clint's arms. It was a touching family moment, and the whole family was there. Cooper walked out of the house with Lucky, who was on a leach getting ready for a walk, when they saw the two.

"Dad?" Cooper asked.

"Coop!" Clint smiled. "You're home!"

"Yeah I wanted to come home for the weekend." Cooper smiled. He didn't go to a collage that was far from home which was good. Lucky was showering Nate with kisses. 

"Hey Lil," Nate said, trying to get Lucky to stop licking him. "Did ya miss me?"

"No."

"Lila!" Laura scolded. Lila started to crack up while Nate stood there frozen.

"Well Piglet missed me." Nate said.

"Piglet doesn't even like you."

Nate pointed his finger, opened his mouth, and got ready to say something sarcastic but looked down at the ground instead.

"So how has everyone been while we've been gone for about a month now?" Clint asked.

"Good-"

"Cooper's gotta girlfriend!" Lila yelled, cutting off Laura.

"She's not my girlfriend, Lil!" Cooper started to blush.

"Ya okay SURE!" Lila laughed. She had a very contagious laugh, the whole family joined in.

"Would you two like breakfast?" Laura asked.

"Food?" Nate smiled. "I like food, food is good." Everyone started to laugh again.

Later that day Clint, Cooper, and Nate all took Lucky out for a walk and had a nice chat.

"So how's the Avengers?" Cooper asked in a somewhat sarcastic voice. One thing about the Barton Children was, they all got their father's sarcasm.

Nate started to laugh uncontrollably, then he stopped and gave Cooper a really serious look. "That's funny."

"C'mon, Nate, they're not that bad." Clint said.

"Dad we have two people for a different time period."

"Huh?" Cooper asked, confused.

"Don't ask because I'm terrible at answers."