23: Emperor's New Clothes

(I do not own most of the characters in this story. Most of them belong to MARVEL. Also, I own none of the music, references, and videos, I may use in this story. Full credit goes to the rightful owners.)

"Well done, Johann." Loki grinned. His grin was sicking. How could he enjoy watching people suffer? Sure, The Avengers weren't suffering -yet- but how could he find pleasure in watching them worry?

The large room was filled with dozes of people wearing masks. The all shouted in happiness. Red Skull turned around to face them, he raised his glass of wine. Everyone else did as he did. Red Skull shouted two words "Hail Hydra!" Everyone else shouted it back.

Where is the humanity in these people?

Loki clapped his hands together and cleared his throat, "As we all know, my son, Calder has been spying on The Avengers for quite a while now." Calder smiled proudly. "He has some ideas on how to 'break' them."

Calder stood next to his father, proudly. He spoke in his French accent, "They are already 'breaking'." He grinned, just like his father. But his stone cold green eyes made it worse. "Many things can break them completely now. The death of the little one, Howard, really hurt the Starks. If even so hear his name I doubt they would do anything but cry."

Everyone chuckled at his comment.

"Take the blonde's father away and she'll be broken," He referred to Emily and Steve. "Make my cousin, Torun realize how worthless he really is." He hissed when he said Torun's name. "Take away Julia and Jane from 'the mighty Thor'." The son of Loki scoffed. "And the worst of all." His grinned widened from ear to ear. "Get the Brit Girl on our side."

Everyone cheered. "They wont know what will be coming!" A deep robotic voice said.

Loki put his hand on his son's shoulder. Calder looked back at him in shock.

"But how?" Said a familiar voice. "How will we get her to come to our side. She'll never agree to if she knows who we are. Her brother is the smartest person in the world who never leaves her side, do you really think he'll let her do this. Do you really think her mother and father, The Black Widow and The Hulk, will let her do this?" The voice raised.

Loki removed his hand from his son's shoulder and looked at him, waiting for an answer.

"We trick her." Calder said.

"And how will we do that?" Red Skull faced Calder.

"While I was spying on them, my father would talk to me, no one else heard him but me. We could get inside her head."

"We need to distract The Avengers if she is coming to our side." A voice called out.

Calder nodded to someone else in the crowd. He was tall and wore a hood, the only thing you could see were his glowing red eyes. "Do you have something that will distract them, anything will do."

"I have technology that can get inside their thick heads, control them even." It was the deep robotic voice that spoke. "We can make the Brit Girl think this is what's best for her." He said sharply.

Everyone cheered in agreement.

"So is it clear?" Loki affirmed. "We have everything worked out?"

Everyone cheered again.

Loki grinned. "Then it's settled, tomorrow at noon, we will break The Avengers."

-------------------------------------------------

Heroes always get remembered,

But you know legends never die.

------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Happy Easter! (Even tho I know I'm late) I didn't post yesterday because it was Easter and I was spending time with my family (Also I fell asleep, not gonna lie.) I'm off this entire week so I'll be working on the next chapter and making it great!

The lyrics above are from the song Emperor's New Clothes by Panic! At the Disco. The lyrics relate so much to this chapter because they want to be legends, they want people to know their name, unlike heroes, they don't want to be just remembered they want to be something more.

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and are having a great day and keep having one. BYEEEEEE!