Epilogue: Everybody Wants to Rule the World

(I do not own most of the characters in this story. Most of them belong to MARVEL. Also, I own none of the music, references, or videos I may use in this story. Full credit goes to the rightful owners.)

This is the part where the credits start to roll and only a couple of fans stay to see the end credits.

The small blonde stood next to the red head. Tears stained their eyes. They both were dressed in black and stood in front of two caskets and two pictures. one of Howard Stark, and one of Steve Rogers.

Everyone stared back at the two girls. Lucy's green eyes stared at the ground. She knew there were cameras around, and she didn't want to 'accidentally' end up breaking one of those cameras. Emily looked up into the crowd wearing all black for one face, Bucky. He went missing ever since the word got out about the fall of the Captain. Emily hoped he showed up for this, but he didn't.

It's been almost a whole month since everything has happened. Thor and Torun went back up to Asgard with Loki once they caught him. Natasha and Clint have been on high alert for anymore attacks. Sean hasn't stopped looking for Jenny. Julia couldn't focus on her school work for once in her life, knowing everything is different now. Even Nathaniel Pietro Barton, the most easy going, care-free person, was having nightmares about everything.

Nobody was the same. Nathaniel no longer made witty statements, Julia was always stressed, Sean turned into a mad man, Natasha and Clint would juno flip anyone who came up behind them, Bruce never left the house, Tony started drinking again. The only people who didn't look to be different were Thor and Torun, but they really were. Torun was scared because his father was scared for once.

Lucy played with the rim of her black dress as Emily began to speak.

"Do not weep, maiden, for war is kind. Because your lover through wild hands towards the sky. And the affrighted steed ran on alone,
Do not weep
War is kind."

Lucy cleared her throat,

"Hoarse, booming drums of the regiment,
Little souls who thirst for fight,
These men were born to drill and die,
The unexplained glory flies above them,
Great is the battle-God, great, and his kingdom-
A field where a thousand corpses lie."

"Do not weep, babe, for war is kind.
Because your father tumbled in the yellow trances," Emily shivered when she spoke that line.
"Raged at his breast, gulped and died,
Do not weep.
War is kind." She felt a tear roll down her cheek as the words she spoke trembled.

"Swift, blazing flag of the regiment,
Eagle with crest of red and gold,
These men were born to drill and die.
Point for them the virtue of slaughter,
Making plain to them the excellence of killing.
In the field when a thousand corpses lie." Lucy thought of her brother the day he died. The dirty blonde laid there, motionless.

Tears were now streaming down Emily's face. "Mother whose heart hung humble as a button
On the bright splendid shroud of your son,"
She paused to look up at everyone.
"Do not weep,
War is kind." She said breathless.

"War is Kind." Lucy played with her fingers. "By Stephen Crane."  The green eyed red head looked over at the brown eyed blonde and noticed that she couldn't continue. "Steve Rogers always said, 'the price of freedom is high, and its a price he's willing to take.' This poem, War is Kind, related to how he knew he had to fight for what's right. He knew that in the end, war leads to," She paused to look up at everyone and caught her father's eyes. "Peace, believe it or not." She took deep breaths. "Steve Rogers may not be with us, but he can still save millions of people."

The rest of the service went on with people crying. Emily could barely see out of her watery eyes as they lowered Steve Rogers into the ground. Lucy started at her brother's smaller casket.

Tori and Dylan came up behind her. The blue haired girl placed a hand on the red haired girl's shoulder. Lucy turned to look at them. "He's happier now." The Stark smiled. "He doesn't have to worry about anything. He's at pace, because war is kind."

-

After the service and everyone was home, Emily sat in front of her father's grave. She looked up at the sky and saw palm trees swaying in the breeze. She looked around the grave yard and saw old graves. The grave next to her father's was Howard's. She took three flowers out of the six she got, placed them at the foot of his tomb, and smiled, remembering what Lucy had said about her brother.

Then she looked at the other grave right next to her father's. All she could see through her tears was a name, Anne.

It can't be. She thought to herself. The pale blonde shook her head and decided it was best not to look at the grave. Emily placed the rest of her flowers on her father's grave. More tears fell down her red face as she said, "I'll miss you."

Before we say our goodbyes for now, I want to tell you one last thing about me, I was not a cellist.

This is the part where more credits roll and the last words are:

THE AVENGERS WILL RETURN

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it. No more for this story. Although, this isn't the end of the story. (If that makes sense) What I mean is, a next book will be coming out! I don't know when though. Probably before this year is over. This summer I will be working on a book and while I am working on that book, I will create ideas for the next story. The next Avengers story will be called Avengers: Age of Villains and will most likely be out by the time school starts this year. So be on the look out!

The video for this chapter is a video I made. (Yes, it has its flaws, but I didn't really know what I was doing.)

Anyway I hope you all have enjoyed this story and will enjoy the story to come! Byeeeeeeee!