20: Science and Magic

(I do not own most of the characters in this story. Most of them belong to MARVEL. Also, I do not own any of the music, references, and videos I may use in this story. Full credit goes to the rightful owners.)

{(A/N: The runes I use in this chapter are listed above in the picture.)}

The three blondes landed on the roof of Avengers Tower. It was night time and the whole tower shook when Thor landed. Everyone in the tower looked up at the ceiling, even though they couldn't see what was going on on the roof, yet, they still looked up.

The three walked down to where everyone gathered, saw their worried looks, and became confused. "It their something on the roof?" Thor asked. Some people laughed, some didn't.

Soon everyone went back to what they were doing before. "Where were you three?" Natasha asked them. The rest of The Avengers gathered around the three to hear what had happened. Thor told them about Asgard and Julia's spear, which took more explaining.

"So only you can hold it?" Clint nodded toward Julia.

"That's what Himdal told me." She shrugged.

Clint grinned. "So that means-"

"We're not having another party." Tony said cutting him off.

"What has been going on here while we were away?" Thor asked.

"We're looking at the arrow Nate shot that hit the invisible...whatever." Bruce said.

The Avengers just talked among themselves the rest of the night.

Julia and Torun were looking at her spear. "You have some of the same runes as I on my sword." Torun said. He pulled out his sword to show her. Julia looked at her spear and saw six runes on both of their weapons. Julia had two different runes as Torun but the other four were the same.

"I don't know what any of them mean however." Torun looked down. "I've never been good at remembering runes."

After a little pause, Julia spoke. "I know some too but I know these." She pointed to the first rune on his sword that was also the first rune on her spear. "This on is Thurisar. It means Thor. This one is Gebo, partnership, not like Pethro though. This is Othala, home. And this one is Elhaz, friendship." She listed the ones they both had.

"What about these two?" Torun pointed to the last two on his sword, two that Julia did not have.

Julia pointed to the runes as she spoke about them. "Tiwar means warrior and Ingwaz means power."

Torun smiled to himself, then looked over at Julia's spear. "What about those two?"

"Uh-I know this one means knowledge and it's called Laguz." Julia pointed to the other rune."This one, now, I have no idea and I'm too lazy too look it up." Julia laughed to herself.

"These runes fit us. The describe who we are. This is why we are the only ones who came pick these weapons up." Torun said. "And because we both have many of the same runes, we can pick each others weapons up."

"What 'bout Dad's hammer?" Julia asked. "He doesn't have runes on his hammer."

"He is a god." Torun laughed. "He doesn't need to have runes on his hammer." The two twins had a good laugh.

-

"Sean did you find anything?" Bruce asked his son.

"No." Sean answered. They were in the lab, once again, looking at DNA. They were using Nate's arrow to find anything about what or who attacked New York. They worked hard. It was almost 12:00 am when Natasha came in to tell them to call it a night.

"Bruce, Sean." Her voice was calm. "It's getting late. The DNA will always be there. You can come back to it tomorrow."

"But Mum we can't." Sean said, not taking his eyes off of the data. His voice was weak.

"Sean you need your rest, same with you." Natasha looked at Bruce.

"Nat we can't stop...we're so close..." Bruce's voice trailed off from exhaustion. Natasha came up and put her hands on his shoulders.

"You both are tried you-"

Bruce trued around rapidly. "We can't stop Natasha! We have to find out who is trying to kill us!" Nat took a step back in surprise, but her face didn't show her emotion. It usually never did. Bruce put his head in his hands. "Natasha I'm sorry- I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay." The red haired Russian spy said. She didn't look hurt. She knew Bruce could get like this. He was 'The Hulk' after all. The 'big green monster', the man with the anger issues. "Just promise me you wont stay up too late." Nat said as she smiled to the two boys and left the lab.

They continued to work for another hour. The two were about to give up until Tony joined them.

"I figured since it's taking you two this long you probably needed my help." He smirked.

They worked for another hour, Sean fell asleep with his head on the table. A pen was still in his hand, it looked like he fell asleep while writing.

Suddenly, the trip of Nate's arrow, which was in a tube that was hooked up to a machine, was covered in blood. Tony and Bruce ran over to look at the arrow. "Was it always covered in blood?" Tony asked.

"I'm guessing," Bruce said. "But whoever this blood belongs too somehow had a way to turn themselves invisible." He looked at the DNA scan.

It pulled up a picture of a man with a pin that you couldn't miss.

A pin that symbolizes pure evil.

Pure darkness.

---------------------------------------------------------

"It kills me sometimes, how people die."

~Markus Zusak, The Book Thief.

----------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

This week's QotW is *Drum roll*: What is your favorite Marvel movie?

AotW (Answer of the week): I can't choose just one! I really like The Avengers movies but don't make me choose which one, because you wont get an answer.😜

Also, yes, that picture I used in this chapter I drew. It's bad I know but I can't draw to save my life sooooo you're just gonna have to deal with it. *Puts on sunglasses* 😎

The quote above is in the book The Book Thief, which is Emily's favorite book. The quote above is referring to our narrator who you guys don't know who is yet. Our narrator hates it when people die, they hate all things evil.

Anyway I hope you guys have all enjoyed this chapter and I hope you guys are all having an awesome day and keep having an awesome day! BYEEEEEEEEE!