29: Time to Suit Up

(I do not own most of the characters in this story. Most of them belong to MARVEL. Also, I own none of the music, references, or videos I may use in this story. Full credit goes to the rightful owners.)

(A/N: At the end of this chapter.)

"Don't always trust what you see," The small blonde said, trying to catch her breath. "Cover your face more!" The blonde captain told his daughter. Emily moved her fists over her face as she bounded up and down on her toes. "Good." Steve said. "Even salt looks like sugar." Emily finished her sentence as she threw at lunch at her father. Steve deflected it. That through Emily off guard.

She stumbled on her feet. The daughter of the captain lost her balance and almost fell when Steve caught her. "Emily?" He said with concern. "I'm fine, just out of breath."

"Do you want to stop? You're fighting pretty hard."

"No. I have to learn how to be strong and suck it up." Emily said as she continued to bounced on her feet and put her fist over her face.

"That's enough for today, Emily." Steve told his daughter as he unwrapped his hands from the white bandages. Emily made a face. "Fine." She said as she also, took off her bandages. They got their stuff together and walked out of the boxing ring. Captain America wrapped his arm around her daughter. "You did good today, but you're stubborn, I blame myself." He laughed.

Emily smiled. "Was Mom stubborn?" She looked up at her father. Steve stopped in place and took her arm off of Emily's shoulder. His blue eyes looked at the ground, uncomfortably. He played with his fingers. Then he laughed, remembering his wife. "Ya she was also stubborn, but I'm more stubborn, wouldn't you say so?"

"Yes." Emily laughed, Steve joined in. "At least you're being honest."

One of my favorite families is the Rogers. They've had rough moments in their lives, sure, but they are always are there for each other. It's such a shame what happened to them as a family in the years that follow.

-

"BULLSEYE!" Nathaniel yelled as he shot an arrow in the middle of the target. Clint clapped his hands. "Very nice, very nice." He said. "But can you do this?" He said as he quickly got an arrow out of his quiver and shot an arrow right through his son's perfectly shot arrow. Clint grinned down at his son's amazed face.

"How'd you-"

"Skills my boy, skills." He patted his son's shoulders.

After a short pause, Nate spoke up. "Dad," He said as he played with his bow string. "All of this, everything we've done, everything thing we've learned, everyone we've lost, it's not gonna end is it?"

Clint looked down, thinking about his son's words. He so badly wanted to say 'no', but he knew the answer. Nate knew the answer, everyone knew the answer, they just didn't want to admit it. Clint just ended up nodding his head. Nate looked down at the ground.

"I have childhood memories that I'm not one hundred percent sure actually happened or if I just dreamed them, I really don't know." Nate said.

Clint let that sink in. "What?" He said. Nate busted out laughing. "Where the hell did that come from, Nate?" Clint tried to hide his laughter.

"Whenever there's an awkward or sad moment I always say something dumb and make the moment happy again. I don't like sadness." Nate laughed. We need more people like the Bartons in the world.

-

Tony stood in the lab with a welder's helmet on and a torch in his hand. He worked on another one of his 'fantastic' inventions. The son of Howard Stark the first couldn't hear the scientist's voice over the loud blasting of Black Sabbath music and the torch.

"TONY!" Bruce cupped his hands together. He figured it was no use yelling, so he unplugged his torch. Tony immediately took off his mask and yelled, "What the hell, oh." He realized it was Bruce.

"What are you doing?" Bruce asked.

Tony answered. "You know every single time we fight those a**holes they disappear on us?" Bruce nodded his head. "Im trying to make something that'll stop their waves, so we can see them. So we wont look like fools. So innocent people don't lose their lives."

"Instead of letting innocent people lose their lives," Nick Fury walked into the room. "Why don't you make sure they don't?"

"You have a tendency to show up at the worst times you know that right?" Tony sassed.

Nick walked around the lab. "I thought The Avengers were a 'successful' group of people." He said.

Bruce opened his mouth to talk but couldn't think of anything to say.

"Well it's kinda hard to be 'successful' when you have a director who barely shows up." Tony rolled his eyes.

"I show up when I know my team can do better." Nick crossed his arms. "Now what the hell has been happening to all of you? You've defeated people worst then the one's you're facing right now. "

After a long pause, Bruce spoke up. "I guess it's just harder because our kids are now fighting with us and-"

"They're not kids. We've been training them for- what a couple of months now- so people wont look at them as kids." Another pause accrued before Nick spoke back up. "Get to work. You guys are fighting tomorrow."

"How do you know we are fighting tomorrow?" Bruce asked with worry in his voice. He didn't want to turn into 'the other guy'.

"Thor had a 'vison' or whatever. The bastard-"

"Loki?" Bruce asked, cutting off Nick.

"Yes."

"What did he give him an invitation to a duel tomorrow at noon?" Tony said in a snooty voice.

"Something like that, you know I can never understand Thor." Nick said. "Be prepared." He said as he left the room.

--------------------------------------------

If you're gonna fight a war,

You gotta wear a uniform.

-Captain America

---------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Only two more chapters left! Next week I will be in Universal Studios on a school trio with my strings class. I leave Friday at 2 a.m and get back at around 12 Sunday. I wont miss next week. I will work super hard to write a chapter through out the week this week and post next weeks chapter on Thursday. Next weeks chapter will be REALLY sad so prepare for a dollar coaster of emotions.

The Quote above was said but no other than the Star Spangled man with a plan. And ya they're getting ready for war.

Anyway I hope you guys are having a wonderful day and keep having one. BYEEEEE!