21: Counting Stars

(I do not own most of the characters in this story. Most of them belong to MARVEL. Also, I own none of the music, references, and videos I may use in this story. Full credit goes to the rightful owners.)

{([<Announcement at the end of this chapter>])}

"WE! ARE! RUNNING!" Sam Wilson yelled when he saw that more than half of the teenagers where walking. I realized that I've been calling people over 13 "children"or "kids". Sorry about that. It was just sad watching them grow up. Wow I sound like a stereotypical parent.

Steve stopped running and turned to face Sam. "Sam." He said as Sam stopped to look at him. They were running around Avengers Faculty in Upstate New York. "Don't you think you're being a little harsh?" The Captain noticed his daughter slowly walking up to them. She was having trouble catching her breath, her face was paler than a fresh coat of white paint. She felt like she was going to be sick.

"No." Sam answered Steve while watching the rest of the teens. "WHAT DID I JUST SAY?" Some of them started to run again while the other made no attempt to.

"Emily," The blonde's blue eyes filled with fear as he studied his daughter. "Are you okay?" He hopped she didn't have any of the sicknesses Steve had when he was skinny. Emily just nodded her head, not looking at her father. Steve knew she was lying. Like father like...daughter (I know it's like father like son but whatever, same thing) they were both terrible at lying.

Soon, everyone caught up to the leaders of the run. "Can we take a break?" Julia asked while holding her side. "Break?" Sam scoffed. "In the military we didn't have 'breaks'."

"But we're not in the military." Julia whined.

"You all wouldn't last one hour." Sam mumbled. Steve gave Sam a looked. "Alright," Steve said. "That was a good run!" Sam raised an eyebrow at the word 'good'. "You guys ran five laps around here, which is about the size of a national baseball field." Steve smiled, trying to make everyone feel better. "Everyone can go inside and take a break, cool down." Everyone quickly walked inside the building.

Sam and Steve looked at the tried teenagers once they were inside . Clint and Natasha came up next to them. "This is sad." Clint crossed his arms. "They're all under than 20 and they can't even stand up straight. They looked like they've been drinking." Clint quickly turned his head and asked, "Steve?" Steve shook his head and gave him a 'really' look.

"Your two's turn." Sam laughed. "Good luck getting them to do anything."

"Steve, Sam," Natasha spoke up. "What did you two do as training during your time serving?"

"We ran a lot and did many push ups." The Star Spangled Man with a plan said, remembering when he could barely do a push up. Natasha grinned. "Oh, this will be fun." She said sarcastically.

"Uh, guys." Bruce said as he rushed into the room. "You're going to want to see this." He rushed back out of the room. Everyone followed just to see a new reporter talking about The Avengers last week in New York. "New York went up in flames last week and once again, people are questioning if The Avengers saved us or made things worse."

The tension in the room grew fast. Everyone had a stern look on their faces. "While Iron Man and Thor flew around the city, all the other Avengers and some kids were helping people get out of burning cars." They're teenagers lady c'mon. As she spoke, pictures of the teenagers appeared on the screen. "Some of these children, who look to be over 12, are assumed to be the children of The Avengers." A picture of Emily was next to a picture of Steve, next was a picture of Torun next to a picture of Thor. There was no need to put a picture of Lucy next to a picture of Tony because everyone already knew who Lucy Stark was.