15: Demons

(I do not own most of the characters in this story, most of them belong to MARVEl. Also, I do not own any of the references, music, or videos I use in this story. Full credit goes to the rightful owners.)

Everyone was in shock. In shock over Howard, and in shock over the way Tony yelled at Lucy. He acted as if it were her fault.

It didn't take long for the rest of the agents at S.H.I.E.L.D to find out what had happened, Lucy was still zoned out. Once Pepper heard the news, she passed out, and Tony was still fuming with anger. Sean didn't look up once, his brown eyes were glued to the ground, Bruce, Steve, and Natasha were all secretly blaming themselves.

I should've looked for him... Bruce scolded himself.

How did I not see him? Natasha asked herself.

I should've made sure no one was behind me, Steve told himself.

The hallway of Avengers tower was silent, no one spoke. It was swallowed up with tension. Everyone stood near the blue and white walls of the hallway, thinking to themselves. One lone voice echoed through the hall, seeming to be the only way everyone's questions could be answered. "We should check the cameras." Sean said to the ground. The genius from Plymouth would not lift up his head. His first real best friend was gone.

"We can-we can," He stumbled over his words, "We can find out who it was." Sean lifted his head filled with brown hair, revealing his red eyes and face. The Brit walked away from the scene, Bruce started to follow him. "Sean?" The scientist called out to his son. Sean kept his head forward and replied, "I am going to the control room, the old one."

"But, we still aren't allowed in there. Nobody is." Bruce tried to catch up to him.

"Oh well." Sean said as he kept on walking.

-

Agents started to leave the area shortly after Bruce and Sean. Medics filled the hallway, new reporters soon found out that something was going on at the tower.

Lucy's face remained in the same expression, her mouth hung slightly open, Lucy's green eyes were fixed on one of the blue and white walls, and her red hair was messed up from constantly running her hands through it.

"That didn't take long..." Natasha's voice trailed off as she nodded toward the window where a dozen news reporters stood with their camera crews. Tony's blurry vision studied the crews outside, his red eyes then looked at his daughter. "Look what you've done, Lucia!" He scowled at the still zoned out red head.

"Alright Tony, enough!" Steve said, Tony didn't listen. He started walking aggressively toward Lucy, the billionaire had a mixture of anger and sadness in his eyes. Steve walked right in front of Tony. "Stop!" Steve yelled as he pushed Tony away.

Lucy watched them with a far away look in her eyes, Emily noticed. The small blonde walked up to the red head, who was still on the ground in the same spot, and whispered "Come on Lucy," She tried to help her get up but the green eyed red head made the same scowl as Tony at Emily, leaving the brown eyed blonde alone.

Tony and Steve started to argue, "She was supposed to watch him!" Tony yelled. "It wasn't her fault!" Steve shouted back. "How do you know?" Tony snapped, "She's always yelling at him-"

"Like a sibling would do..." Thor said, cutting off Tony.

"She never helped him; she never did anything with him! Lucy wanted him-"

"Stop!" Nat yelled, and once again Tony was cut off.

"MY SON IS DEAD!" Tony screamed, making The Avengers take a step backward. Tony turned his head away from The Avengers, making sure they couldn't see the pain that stung his eyes. He walked the other way, with his back turned to the others.