28: Keys to the Past

(I do not own most of the characters in this story. Most of them belong to MARVEL. Also, I own none of the music I may use in this story. Full, credit goes to the rightful owners.)

The Avengers traveled to one place they knew where they could find out more about the Brit who wore a red coat. A place where the revolutionary war was known for. The place where Jenny lost her life to the battle field. Charleston, South Carolina.

Sean led them through the holy city to find a library with a special book.

"There's only one book that names everyone that was in the British army and gives a full background on each and every one of them." His chocolate brown eyes were filled with determination.

They got strange looks from people as they rushed along the side walks of the small city. There was a different church on every corner they turned, Steve couldn't take his eyes off of one particular church. His started to trip over his own feet.

"You alright?" Emily asked her father. He was in a daze of memories. "Dad?" Emily raised her voice a little so he would hear her. His head snapped to her. "Huh?" He shook his head. Emily's smile had worry within it. "Are you okay?" She said slowly. "Uh-yeah." Steve said, not daring to look back at the church.

Emily looked in the direction her father was just looking in and tilled her head, puzzled by the fact that her father looked like he had just seen a ghost come out of the graveyard right next to the beautiful church. She decided it would be best to question her father's daze later.

"Sean are you sure they'll have the book you're looking for?" Natasha asked her son. "What if something happened to it and they just had to get rid of it."

"They wouldn't." He snapped. Natasha, shocked by her son's tone, widened her eyes and backed up, away from Sean. She mouthed the words 'okay' and continued to walk. The team walked up to a very old building. "This is it." Sean said as he started walking up the many steps.

"Why are there so many steps? Its not like the water is gonna come over here and wipe all the books out." Nate complained.

"Actually, Nate, it has happened over here before." Bruce said.

"How the water is allllll the way over there." Nate pointed to the harbor.

"That's not even a mile." Lucy gave Nate a 'really' look.

Once they entered the building, Sean turned to look at everyone. "I'll look for the book, everyone else look for anything, anything really on the revolutionary war. Please." He said 'please' with a sincere look. Everyone nodded and disbursed through the library.

They looked up and down the shelfs. From fictional to realistic books, they picked up everything about the war for independence.

The Avengers met up at a wide table and spread out all of the books they found, Sean put the big book of every Brit from the army back then on top of all of the books.

"I know Jenny's last name was Tarleton." He flipped the pages of the book.

A small gasp left Emily's pink lips. "Tarleton?" She whispered.

"Yeah." Sean whispered back. "Why are you whispering?" His voice raised a little.

"Well it is a library so we should be quiet anyway." Lucy said.

"Nobody's here!" Tony spread out his arms and half yelled, which was a lie. He earned a couple of 'shhhs' from the people sitting stacks and stacks away from them. Natasha threw her hands in the air as if to say 'why?'

"What's so bad about Carlton, Em?" Clint asked.

"Tarleton." Sean corrected him.

"Close enough." Clint sassed.