Their Story 4 *She Left*

~~~WAQAS' POV~~~

"Ok fine, take her audition and then let me know," I spoke while twisting a pen between my fingers.

"Great, thanks sir!" Amna, my casting director replied from the other end of the line and I kept down the receiver.

"Oh ho! Let me go!"

Malvika?

I am sure I heard her voice but, before I could react, my cabin's door sprung open and she came in my view.

Wahi nak pe gussa, khule baal, kaali aankhien, high heels and- shut up, Waqas.

"Sir, I am sorry. I tried stopping her," my secretory apologised and I shook my head. "No, she is my friend- it's ok."

Soon the door closed, leaving Malvika and I alone. "Hey, take a seat," I suggested casually while she just stood there, glaring at me, "How's Manik doing and aaj yahaan kaise?"

She looked around the room and huffed, yet, chose not to reply. "Malvika?"

"How can you act so casual Waqas?" She snapped at me and I frowned at her, "log tamasha bana rahe hein and you are asking me to sit?"

Her words only just caused my frown to grow deeper, "tamasha about what?"

"About us dammit!" She yelled and I went up to her to calm her down. "Malvika easy- calm down... Bahar bohot log hein."

"Toh hone do!" She jerked my hand away that I was going to rest on her shoulder, "waise bhi duniya bhar main mazak ban raha hai."

"About what?" This time I yelled out of frustration, "stop playing with word and get to the point!"

"This!" She threw some paper cuttings at my face and I clenched my jaw.

I exhaled a loud sigh and then bent down to pick them up. Waqas Riaz, Malvika Arora, relationship, illegitimate child? Fourteen different articles from fourteen different magazines and websites; yet, these four things common in all of their titles.

"Yeh sab?" I looked up at Malvika and she closed her eyes. "Exactly!"

She walked over to the office chair and sat on it, running a hand through her hair, "your one signature turned a spark into a deadly fire for all three of us, Waqas."

That nurse? That freaking hospital staff!!

"Hey- please don't cry," I sighed as I approached her. "How can I not? Being a journalist, no one gave a fuck about my personal life or where my son came from and now all of a sudden my name is being linked to yours and everyone has their eyes on us!"

I stared at her as her voice raised out of nervousness, anger, frustration- I don't know.

"Meri wajaah se your reputation is at stake Waqas- only to save my son, you signed those papers and now it's everywhere! Media is looking into this just like how a hungry lion would stare at his food! And-"

"Malvika calm down!" I yelled as her voice literally touched the roof while she kept blabbering in one long breath.

"Calm down? How? Your mother is looking for a suitable wife for you and now this is what I have done to your life," she stood up and I followed, "I have created a mess! Manik's future! God! Your reputation. Everything is at stake, dammit! People are writing shit about us and-"