19: Her Protective Husband

Hey!!!

*Yells enthusiastically but earns no reply from you all so shuts up and pretends this never happened.*

Well.

I know I promised I'll update on Sunday /.\

I am five days late /.\

RAANIYA'S POV

"How can baba do this to me?" Roop groaned, pacing up and down my room while I wrapped my angel in a clean blanket.

"It's not his fault Roop," I sighed, "he doesn't know your situation. He sees you two like a normal happy married couple."

"Thanks for reminding me that we are not," she replied lowly and sat on the edge of my bed. I sighed again, regretting my words and sat beside her, "hey, I didn't mean to hurt you. I was just explaining his—"

"I get it, I know," she said before I finished and slowly nodding at her, I pulled her in for a hug.

"Am I welcome here too?" A voice made us pull away and I looked up at the door. I instantly looked back at Roop but she simply nodded at me with a smile on her lips.

"Come on in," I got up from the Bed as Adnan came in and sat on my spot to take his nephew in his arms.

"Bhabhi Woh purple file chahiye thi. Bhai Ne kaha tha pick Kar lena," he asked and I nodded at him. "Abhi layi."

"Aram Se Lana kyunki Abhi Toh chachu apne champ Ke saath khelenge!" He grinned while I went out to look for the file.

I frowned upon seeing Waqas in the living room. "What are you doing here?" I asked him and he just shrugged.

"Uncle went to meet his friends and I don't know where Roop is."

"She is in my room with Adnan," I told him and he frowned for some reason.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"This guy. Who is he?" He asked, "I mean, I never heard of him before."

What? Roop didn't tell him anything?

First I chose to tell him half of the truth but then, I thought why not tell him everything? I'd love to see him jealous over Roop!

"Uh, he is Asad's brother," I told him, "Roop was engaged to him once but it ended on a bad note."

"Roop was what?" His eyes almost popped out and I chose to frown, innocently. "Roop didn't tell you anything? I am sorry—"

"No uhm, it's okay. That was just.... shocking," he laughed awkwardly and I nodded at him, holding back my smirk. Totey urd Gaya inke Toh.

"I have some work. I'll be back, yeah?" I told him and he nodded, dismissing me.

ROOP's POV

I kept staring at this man in front of me while he was busy playing with Zaidan, oblivious to his surroundings. Zaidan yawned, slowly falling asleep, and Adnan kept rocking him in his arms, sitting a few inches away from me.

"You know you need to stop checking me out," he commented, out of nowhere, and I looked away instantly.

"Checking you out? Oh please," I rolled my eyes at the wall in front of me. He snickered beside me and kept Zaidan on the bed.

"Kaisi ho?" He asked like he cared.

"I am fine. Amazing actually," I told him.

"That's good," he shrugged, "I am glad to see you happy with someone."