25: Insecurities

More like a filler chapter because I am trying not to think about serious stuff right before my final exams...

ROOP's POV

The morning rays of Sun penetrated through the curtains and tickled my eyes. I smiled to myself, refusing to get up, and slid back to leaned against him. Normally I would hear him snoring beside me every morning but, this time he wasn't there. I frowned to myself before unwillingly parting my eyelids.

The room was empty.

"Waqas?" I called out in my sleepy voice to check if he was in the washroom but, he didn't reply.

Making a run towards the cupboard, I pulled out my night robe and wrapped it around my body as I headed towards the washroom. Before I could knock, I realised the door was slightly open. With no sound coming from inside, I decided he was not in here either and went to sit on the bed.

Memories from last night flooded in my mind and my heart squeezed with joy and uneasiness; I couldn't tell which one. What if he regretted whatever happened last night?

Is that why he is not in the room?

A knock on the door snapped me out of my thoughts and I sucked in a deep breath, calming my tensed nerves.

"Roop? Kab tak sone ka iraada hai?" I head Nosh's voice from outside as I approached the door, "Its past twelve PM already."

What? I frowned to myself and glanced at the clock. Quickly opening the door, I stepped aside to let her in.

"I am sorry, I guess I was—"

"Don't be," She chuckled as she entered the room, "I just thought its time you eat something so I came to call you."

"Yeah, I'll go take a shower," I told her and she turned to nod at me.

Her eyes widened slightly as a smile appeared on her lips, "Look at how sexy you look even when you just woke up! I wonder how my brother manages to keep his hands off you!"

"What?" I chocked out, shocked because of what she said, while she smirked at me.

"You know I am expecting niece and nephews very soon, yeah?" She danced her eyebrows at me and I look down at her feet, feeling utterly uncomfortable.

"I am just kidding relax," She ended up laughing while I played with ends of my sleeves, "Waqas told me how everyone kept mentioning the kids so I just thought of..... Well."

She sighed and sat down on the bed. I frowned at her sudden change in mood as she looked up at me with sad eyes.

"Come sit," She patted the spot next to her and I silently went to sit beside her.

"What happened?" I asked her, concerned, and she sighed. "I wanted to apologise to you."

"Me? Why?"

"I knew Waqas liked someone else, he told me. Yet, I told him to marry you. I even know about that letter he wrote you," She said, "I thought I was helping my brother but I never thought about you."

"Why are you telling me now?" I asked her. It came out rather blunt but I didn't regret my tone.

I did deserve to know about it even before our engagement.

"I am sorry," she shook her head, staring at the floor, and I sighed. "Don't be. Even after knowing his feelings, it was my decision to marry him and I am happy Nosh."

"But still," she sighed, "I feel like I dragged you into this."

"No, I chose this for myself and trust me, you gave me someone I probably didn't even deserve. He is amazing," I smiled, down at my hands.