06. Party

HEYYYYYY !!!

FINALLY I AM HERE!! :D

Been busy! So sorry :(

There is an author's note in the middle of the chapter so don't stop reading thinking that the chapter has ended /.\

ROOP's POV

"Or this one!" I showed Waqas the three combinations I had picked for him especially because they matched with my dress.

"I don't want to wear black, I'll look like an Emo! Let's go for something casual in different colours," he turned away from me and began rummaging through his cupboard.

"Oh come on Waqas, I checked already.. Nothing else matches with my dress and really think we should colour coordinate!" I told him as he pulled out a light blue tshirt.

He paused and looked at me with his trademark. That raised eyebrow. My stomach twitched, making me forget everything.

"You picked your dress already?" He asked, looking amused.

"Y-yeah," I managed to stutter, "look!"

I pointed at the iron board and He stepped forward to have a closer look. It was a long, spaghetti strapped gown with black top and cream coloured skirt, separated by a glittery, black waist band. I paired it with a cream coloured crop jacket.

"You are wearing this?" He asked and I nodded. "I am so glad you are not planning to look like a clown, phew!" He chuckled, teasingly. I narrowed my eyes at him before snatching my dress out of his hands.

"Now pick one of the three and get ready in the other room," I told him and picked up a random pair, "you know what? just wear this. Now go!"

He frowned at me while I tried pushing him out, "i am not going! this is my room!"

"Not anymore!"

Once he was outside, I locked the door and earned a groan from him. Ignoring his voice, I went to the washroom to freshen up. Then I moved over to the dressing tabled and plugged in the hair straightener. Securing the top layer of my hair with large size rollers to add volume, I took sections of my hair and straightened them, curling the tips. Once they were perfectly sitting over my shoulder, I applied some foundation and liner. Dressing up was never my thing; but, I wanted to look a little different tonight.

"Roop open up or I'll break in!" Waqas yelled while I stood there, smiling at my reflection.

"Coming!" I yelled back as I chapped my lips with a peachy-red lip balm.

I gave my reflection a thumbs up and moved over to the door to open it. Waqas came storming inside, pushing past me, "I need my hair—"

He paused and turned around to face me, raising his left eyebrow. "Gel..." He finished his sentence in a whisper, slowly moving his eyes from my head to toe.

I nervously fixed my hair, feeling conscious about my appearance all of a sudden. I forgot to wear my crop jacket! Maybe I should have gone for something desi. Probably black and cream are not my colours. What if I am over dressed? He came forward and I tried to smile with that debate going in my head.

"You are wearing this tonight?" He asked me, frowning. I showed you my outfit earlier.

"It's not good enough right? I knew it!" I blurted, disappointed, and walked past him to pull out another dress, "I'll just fine something—"