02. Fangirling

Heyyy!!!
Good morning, evening, afternoon.... Whatever •_•"
<3

I am shitting my pants right now. Results will be out in a day or two /.\

WAQAS' POV

Morning jogs are always refreshing with some good music and no bak bak. Being out in the colony's garden after all that changed in my life, I was hoping for some peaceful moments but my two idiot neighbours won't let that happen. They were constantly bickering about their upcoming releases and do I care? Not unless I am a part of it.

"Waqas yaar, are you even listening?" Sooraj pushed me, causing me to stumble forward.

"Of course not yaar, we have been holding him back and he must be missing home," Siddharth smirked at me and I raised my eyebrow at them.

"Why would He?" Sooraj asked while I rubbed the spot where he had hit me. Haath Hein ya patthar? "We are not even half way through our usual jogging routine."

"Samjha kar yaar," Siddharth kept his arm on Sooraj's shoulder, "he is not a bachelor anymore.... Ghar pe koi intezaar kar raha hoga."

Ho Gaye shuru!

"Oh Haan yaar, you got married last month!" Sooraj raised his hand and I realised it was for a high five a bit too late.

"You seem zoned out and sad, dude! Tu ghar jaa bhabhi ke paas! Yaad Aa rahi hogi na?" He sneered and I ...Smiled?

"Par hame kab milwa raha hai? Bina treat ke toh hum bhi jaane Nahi denge!" He added and I rolled my eyes.

"Jab tum log chaho!" I smiled at them and they happily nodded. "Chal fir, raat Ko milte hein?"

Aaj hi?

"Yeah, dinner at mine," I nodded at them, mentally face palming myself.

Now what do I do? Do I ask Roop to cook or order something? It won't be fair on her if I asked her to cook because she is already so busy with cleaning. I shouldn't bother her.

I sighed and bid them my goodbyes before heading upto the letterboxes to pull out my letters. I smiled seeing a letter from the bank which obviously had the new credit card in it for the new joint account.

ROOP's POV

"Neelam carefu—achoo!" I sneezed again, despite the fabric that was covering most of my face, "careful."

I completed what I was going to say and she nodded at me. "I am going to start the other room," I left her to mop the bedroom's floor while I went over to the study room to start dusting. It was probably the messiest room out of all.

While wiping the desk, my eyes fell on the photo frame which had a group photo in it. Hussain, Shehryaar, Preet, Aisha, Atif, Malvika, Waqas and Manik. I recognised everyone in it but I hardly knew anyone, including my husband. Asmaara was missing so I guessed it was taken before Shehryaar's wedding. Everyone looked so happy in it.

I smiled at their smiles and wiped the frame carefully. I then moved over to the wall which had the shelves for movies. I noticed there were small podiums everywhere on it and only two of them had trophies kept on them. I went up to one of them and picked up the lady in black; It was heavier than I thought. The small writing engraved at the bottom, said 'promising debut director.' I had watched these awards but only for Siddharth's performance. Who knew I would end up in the same house as the man who was getting his debut director's award on that day.