11. A New Beginning...?

I am too sick to proofread this.

WAQAS' POV

"Oh nai chahiye tumhara credit card," I groaned and ended the call before the man on the other side could add anything to it.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair and someone chuckled behind me. I quickly looked behind me and frowned, seeing no one. Maybe I am hallucinating, I shook the voice away and pressed the call button again. How many times am I going to go up and down this elevator today?

Someone laughed again and I flinched at the voice. They were two people for sure. Taking a step back, I looked around, trying to spot them. Mittal's flat was empty and it was definitely not coming from mine; leaving Kavya's only.

I knocked on her door and stepped back, waiting for her to open up. I could hear multiple voices coming from inside. Moments later, the door creaked open and she stepped out, slightly closing it behind her. "Kya hai?" She asked, disinterested.

"Andar kaun hai?" I asked her, frowning.

"Andar..."

"Woh chord, have you seen Roop?" I asked her, getting to the important question.

"Ab yaad aayi?" She asked me, folding her arms. I frowned at her and in response, she kicked her door lightly, opening it for me to peep.

My eyes widened upon seeing Roop stepping out of Kavya's Kitchen. "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked as I approached her. She frowned at me and before I could even think, I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her closer. I was not sure if I was shocked to see her here or relieved that she was fine.

"Waqas, you are cutting my oxygen supply," she muffled into my shoulder and I opened my eyes, realising. Slowly and awkwardly I pulled away, and narrowed my eyes at her.

"What do you think you are doing here? You have any idea—"

"Aap hi ne toh kaha tha jaane Ko," she mumbled, innocently, cutting me off. I stopped to frown at her before sighing, "so? If I ask you to jump of the building, you will?"

"Azma kar dekh Lo," she mumbled a reply again and I looked away, gulping.

"Acha, ab ghar chalo," I told her, and she shook her head, "please?"

She sighed, walking past me. "Thanks," she said to Kavya, hugging her, and walked out of the house.

I glared at Kavya for being so stupid. "How could you be so stupid? You don't know what was going on in my head, you could have called me at least."

"Whatever you did was stupid," she countered back, rolling her eyes.

"Roop told you?"

"No," she chuckled in response, "you think she would tell me what's going on between you and her? It's your personal relationship, dude!"

"Then how could you be so sure I did something?" I asked her.

She frowned at me, "dude, you just hugged her.. You didn't realise she has a fever? I went to your house in the morning and she was crying by the door. Kaheen jaa rahi thi, So I guessed. And knowing you, I just knew it must be your fault."