05. Coffee and Friends- (Republished)

It's short... But that's all I could manage /.\

I'll hopefully update again soon :)

WAQAS' POV

"Oh ho yaar, aag laga de uske ghar ki staircase Ko!" I yelled before throwing my phone on the couch in frustration. Damn, what am I going to do now? I had my dates worked out and now this!

I ran a hand through my hair and sighed, I need coffee. Picking up my phone, I shoved it in my sweatpants' pocket and went out of the study room. Roop was sitting on the couch, reading some old magazine that I never bothered to throw away. She had a mug in her hand so I decided to look for mine in the kitchen. When I couldn't find mine, I went out to ask her.

"Where is my coffee?" I frowned, seeing her casually flipping through TV channels now.

"You are talking to me?" She looked up at me, bringing her mug closer to her lips and taking a sip.

"Nahi, bhooth se," I rolled my eyes. Koi Aur dikh raha hai?

"Ok," she shrugged and focused on the screen again. I kept my hands on my hips, huffing. In larkiyon ko bas tv dikha lo.

"Meri coffee?" I asked her again, as I snatched the remote from her. She widened her eyes at me when I turned it off.

"Remote!" She demanded and I shook my head. "Pehle coffee!"

"Fine, don't," she shrugged again and picked up the magazine instead.

"Roop, please coffee bana do," I asked as I sat down beside her, "my head is going to burst."

"What happened to your head? Are you ok? Sir dard ho raha hai? Did you take any painkiller? Are you having a fever? Come here, let me—"

"Roop! Calm down!" I chuckled, cutting off her trail of questions. She frowned in concern and I sighed, "it's just that my main lead broke her leg. Now I can't shoot the songs until I don't know when."

She widened her eyes, raising her eyebrows, "that means aapki chutti?" She looked so happy! I will be losing money every day because of this!

"Yes," I replied, shortly, and she squealed in excitement. "This is brilliant Waqas! Yes!"

How's this brilliant?

"Oh ho, kabhi toh smile kara karein, kitna rote Hein aap," she shook her head, looking disappointed. I frowned at her but, before I could say anything, she poked her index fingers in either side of my lips and pushed them upwards. I let the smile stay there and sighed. She makes everything seem like it's not a big deal. Itna khush kaise reh leti hai?

"Ab toh coffee de do?" I asked her again. She sat back and kept her feet on the coffee table. "I was going to but, I don't want to torture your tastebuds with my 'gross' coffee."

She formed speech marks in the air as she spoke. Oh come on, you can't do this to me!

"Offo yaar. Sorry na! Please!" I requested her, wincing. She glanced at me before shaking her head. "Please?"

"Fine," she sighed, "first tell me why?"

"Uhh, because I want coffee," I said, unsure.