38: Mending

Hey!!!

I have been busy. Way too busy.

Don't forget to leave me loads of comments because ...
        a)       it took me forever to write this chapter😫 man, work is harder than Uni 😭

        b)      it's the 2nd last update. So come on yaar! 😭

Happy Reading!! ........ or not?🤔😏

~~~

Red thick fluid oozed out of her delicate skin, forming a puddle next to her head. The white frills soaked up every drop they possibly could, until they were completely drenched. Drenched in salty, warm tears. Drenched in blood.

Her lips trembled in pain that I could feel deep inside my heart. Her big innocent eyes lazily blinked at me before slowly rolling back. My breath hitched in my throat, seeing her lying motionlessly.

"Roop!" I heard my name being called from a distance and I closed my eyes, letting the tears roll down my cheeks. Everything fell quiet; no screaming, no tears, no blood. It was a nightmare wasn't it? Someone is going to wake me up now and everything will be normal again!

"Roop!" Someone shook me harshly and my eyes sprung open, throwing the reality back in my face. I gasped for air, seeing all the faces hovering above me. The chaos was back. I could hear the cries. I could feel the pain.

Duaa?

"Roop?" A warm hand covered mine and I jolted out of my thought. Out of everyone, The first person I recognised was Waqas.

I gripped his collar in my sweaty palms, jerking it, "D-Duaa? Where's Duaa? M-m-meri... Meri D-Duaa. My daughter—"

"Roop calm down," he kept his hands on mine as he spoke and I gulped the dry lump down my throat.

There were blood stains on his clothes. That was a nightmare, right? Then why is there blood?

"What do you mean calm down?" I yanked his collar harshly; screaming, demanding an answer, "Kahan hai Duaa?"

How could he be so calm about it? Kaunsa baap—

"Duaa theek ho jayegi," he nodded at me, "you need fill the form first. Yeah? Just relax."

"Theek ho jayegi matlab?" I frowned at him and gulped again, "woh theek nahi hai?"

Waqas glanced at someone behind me and then sighed. "Pehle yeh form bhar lein? I'll answer all your questions."

Someone, from behind me, brought a white form forward and I instantly grabbed it. The first word that caught my eye was 'patient.' Is this a hos-hospital?

"Usse kuch ho G-gaya h-hai na?" I forced the words out of my mouth, not really wanting an answer. Waqas sighed again and pulled the form out of my hands, "let me fill it for you."

"Why don't you tell me? Duaa Kahan hai?" I questioned him again but he ignored me and continued reading the form.

"Patient's name.. Duaa.. aage?" He asked as he scribbled details down on the paper, "what's her last name?"

"Waqas."

"Yeah, I am listening," he ensured me, resting his hand on top of mine. A chuckle escaped my lips. Never thought I'll have to tell him this truth in such circumstances.