Chapter 5

After a intense game of chicken we all limply climbed out the water and fell onto our towels.

"Ice cream guy is here." Sam said. "Want me to get you anything?" he asked me.

"The usual." I said my face in my towel. I look up to all the boys were gone and it was only Alexis and I. "Do you like Connor?" I asked out of the blue.

"What?!" she says defensively. "Why you think that."

"Alexis you should've seen the way you two were acting in the water." I exclaimed. "All cute and shiz."

"Okay." she said hushly. "Maybe a little."

"I knew it!" I said grabbing sunblock out of my bag.

"What about you and Ricky. I see you were wearing his shirt before." she said turning on her side facing me.

"Who would you know it was his shirt?" I asked cautiously my face getting red.

"Jc and I had a fangirling moment over how cute you guys were." he said smirking. "You know you on his shoulders and I haven't seen that smile since Dean was here."

"Don't say his name." I said looking at my striped towel.

Dean was Alexis and my's best friend. We did everything together. But over time, as it goes usually, I develop feelings for him. Just two years ago he moved all Te way across the country to New Jersey. I never got to tell him how I felt. And it haunted me until I met Ricky. It was true I would never smile or laugh the way I do when I see Ricky. I only smiled and laughed like that when Dean was around. But it was the past.

"Need help with that sunblock." I heard a voice say. I turn around expecting some annoying, cocky, hot dude. But it was Sam. Both hands with ice creams and a cute little smile.

"Please?" I said switching the sunblock with the ice cream.

It was my turn to hold both. Sam did my back. I was so used to him doing these type of things for me. I think he enjoyed doing them sometimes.

"Thanks." I handed him his ice cream back. "Where's Kian and Andrea." I said noticing everyone returned besides them.

"Probably making out some where." Sam joked. I laughed along.

~

"Bye Alexis. Text you later!" I said waving good bye to her.

I got into the car with the same three idiots I came here with. Jc was driving now. Connor in the passenger. Ricky and I in the back. Connor fell asleep leaning against the window 5 minutes into the drive back home.

"Awe look at the sleeping beauty." I joked taking a picture and posting it on Instagram. I started to yawn.

"Looks like someone else is tired." Ricky said nudging my arm.

"A little." I said yawning again.

"You can lean on me." Ricky said scotching over. "I-If you want."

I leaned my head against his shoulder. My eyes closing. Finding complete comfort.

"You know," Ricky said in a hush voice. "I like you in my clothes." I smiled and then fell asleep.