Chapter 21

After that brief stop at Taco Bell, we were all back in the car. I felt a bit jet lag. Dean said 7, but there's a 3 hour difference. So really it was only 4 pm.

"Wake up." I felt someone say while shaking me.

"Huh, what?" I said opening my eyes still groggy.

"You're home." Alexis said smiling.

I sit up straighter looking out the car window to my house. There was a ballon on the railing of the stairs. It said 'Happy Birthday'.

"There is a little party." Alexis said. "Just a few friends, not much. You will know lost of them."

"Okay." I nodded. We both got out of the car.

"Connor and Trevor are leaving your bags in the car," she said as we walked up the driveway. "After the party we will head to our apartment."

I nodded. I could hardly breathe. I was going to see my brother for the first time in 2 months. I was wondering if he was still mad. What if I ruin his party by showing up. It's my birthday too. I didn't realize we were at the door till I heard music playing I looked around. Alexis was right, I did know most of these people. And they knew me back.

"Tara?" I heard a familiar voice. I turned around, it was Andrea!

"Andrea!" I exclaimed as she gave me a hug.

"Oh my god, I missed you so much." she said. "Don't ever leave again."

"I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." we pulled apart and I looked around. "Where Kian?" I asked.

"That's who I was looking for." she said. "I think he's out back."

We walked to the backyard. There he was sitting underneath a tree that started to grow when we were born. We had a bond with that tree, we would always hang out underneath it. We pretty much grew up under a tree. Andrea went back inside and told me to talk to him. I went around so I was on he other side of the tree.

"I know this sounds stupid, but mom told me when I miss you that if I talked to this tree, you will hear me." he said talking to himself. "Tara I'm-" he took a sharp breathe in. "Im sorry, I should've never kicked you out, I completely forget why I was even mad. But it was stupid of me to do that. I just want you to know I love you and miss you. I wish I treated you better, because if I had you wouldn't be gone, possibly forever."

"Forever is a long time." I said as I took a seat next to him.

"Tara!" he gasped pulling me into a hug, with little tears being rubbed off on my shirt. "I missed you so much! I'm so sorry! I was-"

"You don't have to reappear everything you said to the tree," I joked starting have tears well up into my eyes as well. "I heard you the first time."

Eventually, Kian let me go. We talked for a little under the tree. Then someone came out calling for Kian. I heard a voice I have been dying to hear forever.

"Ricky!" I screamed running into his arms.

"Tara." he said sounding nervous, cautiously hugging me back.

"Aren't you happy to see me?" I asked stepping back from him.

"Uh, yeah. Uh." I couldn't believe my ears.

"Ricky, hurry up and get them or I'm going to eat your piece of cake, babe." I looked over to see Acacia running over to us.

"What?" I asked gasping.

"Yeah, when you left I was upset and missed you terribly, then Acacia made me happy again." he said putting a arm around her. I was enraged with anger and sadness.

"If she makes you so happy, then give her this god damn ring," I said ripping off my ring and throwing at Ricky. "Cause I'm not gonna need it anymore."

I ran back into the house. Upstairs past everyone surrounding the cake. I heard some faint 'Tara!' 'Shes back!' and 'Come back!'. I ran up to my old room I shared with Kian. Everything was the same, my bed was still messy like the way I left it 2 months ago. I locked the door climbed onto my bed and cried into my pillow. I hated all of this. It was so stupid. The door busted open. It was Kian. He closed it quickly behind him locked it again and put a chair up to it like I did.

"I'm sorry this had to happen on your birthday." he said climbing up to me. "I didn't even know what Ricky was talking about when he told us was with Acacia."

"But Connor told me he was depressed and that he would be happy to see me," I said looking up to Kian. "I guess I'm one easy to forget."

"Never". he said pulling me closer to him. We sat there like this for a few minutes. "What was up with that ring?"

"The night before I left he gave it to me." I said looking at the ran line I've gotten from it during the time I spend on the beach in Jersey. "He said to never forget him." I couldn't. I broke down into tears. "Go back to your party."

"Our party, I'm not leaving you." he said.

"I insist." I pushed him away.

He nodded and left. I heard a but if yelling in the hall. It stopped. Then the door opened.

"Tara?" I saw Ricky walk in. "We're leaving. C'mon."

~~~~~

Authors Note

1.1K! Omfg! Wow! Thanks.

Yeah, yeah the Acacia thing. I couldn't think of anyone else. I didn't want to use Shelby. Idk why tho. Whatevs.

The Twin Sister (O2L)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें