Prologue I

( I don't own Fairy Tail)

??? P.O.V

The same bright day as usual I walk around the woods just to kill some time. How long I have been here? It has been so long until I have forgotten. I have also forgotten where am I? Sigh.....

Oaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

What is that sound!? It comes near Mavis's grave. It sounds like a baby cry, but there is no other people here. What's happening ?

I walk slowly to the uncertain sound, I don't really know if I am allowed to go near it. I bring death to others even if I don't want to. I stop to think about it, 'Am I going to kill it if I go near it?'

Oaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The voice becomes louder and louder. If I don't go and look for that voice the wild animal will come and might eat it. This thought makes me even more worried. Then after a while of thinking I have decided to go to the source of the sound.

At the front of the grave I found a baby inside a cradle wrapped with white blanket. She is so small, very delicate looking baby, I got curious and kneel at the ground then start poking her right cheek with my finger. Her cheeks is so red and very soft.

But then she grabs my finger and start laughing. This makes me scared and I pull my finger away from her since afraid to hurt her.

She starts to cry without opening her eyes. I began to panic, I got confused and she start crying even louder. Those make me start thinking to go away from her. But then I got the feeling that if I touch her again she will stop crying.

I really don't know what's got into me. I know that I made the people around me died, but now I held this baby in my arm and she stopped crying then she begins to laugh and try to reach my hair.

Watching her so closely makes me paying attention at her face details and begins to describe her appearance. She has big beautiful eyes, a perfect round face, her light blue hair that is so unlikely soft for someone who was born in the forests, her tiny yet healthy body and for odd reason she has never opened her eyes at all, I begin to think if there is something wrong with her eyes.

Then I try to talk to the baby, for some reason I have a feeling that she understands what I say.

"Hello there little one. May I see your eyes?"

Hearing me say that she stops laughing and starts staring me with closed eyes. After a moment she gives me a cute kind smile and she starts to open her eyes.

It was a breath taking view of her eyes. The colour of them is a magnificent crystal rainbow and even brighter than a pure diamond. She looks at me with an adorable bright smile.

At this point I know if she shows her eyes to those greedy humans she will definitely suffer, but she looks stunning with those pretty eyes. She must learn to protect herself so someone won't take her eyes.

At that moment I, Zeref Dragneel decides that I will make this child mine, raise her and protect her. It all started when I took the child away from Mavis's funeral and that time I didn't know that all my actions have been watched by the ghost of first guild master of Fairy Tail, Mavis Vermilion.