Chapter 18

(I don't own Fairy Tail)

Makarov P.O.V

That was the second time I saw her cried, Aoi have been looking sad for a while. When she told us her situation she still smiling, but I bet it was hurtful for her.

She just break down when me and Laxus fight. She definitely think that she make us fight because her conditions isn't getting any better.

Since that day Aoi always take a medicine to kill the pain from the side effects and that make her body unhealthy. Laxus beginning to show panic every time she cough blood.

What make us in pain that she always smile when that happen. She always say that everything is alright and it will calm down soon.

There is a accident that make her in coma for four months. That is when she decided to protect everyone in the guild with her barrier from an evil mage that targeting her.

I made Porlyusica heal her and that is the time we found another thing that can make her life span shorten. Her body is still to young to bear all magic power she have. Laxus decided to take half of it in to lessen her burden and he will give it back to her when he think she ready.

He save all her half power in a lacrima and always bring it with him, knowing that it will be dangerous if any wrong person use it. Aoi's half magic power is equal to many S-class magician. It really surprise me that she didn't die from all the magic. I might not surprise if she can active the Etherion with that lacrima.

Porlyusica also found that her eyes is the source of her magic and every time she use magic, she will go stronger. That is why her father put a seal on her eyes, to suppress her magic grown knowing it will harm her.

Her father huh, she never speak his name along with her mother name. But she did tell me that they are not her birth parents. It make me so curious, I don't want to force her to speak things she doesn't want, I guess I have to wait for her to tell me.

"Grandpa is something wrong you seem to be troubled?" Aoi asked me while walking beside me. I'm startled because I forgotten that Aoi is beside me.

"Nothing just wondering about something." I answer her with a smile. Aoi give me a nod but I bet she isn't convince with my excuses. After all she can hear my thoughts if she wanted.

Aoi is kind so she won't hear my personal thought until I give a permission. When she accidentally heard, she will keep it as a personal secret and keep it away from other until the person confess.

I smile at the thought, I'm glad to have a granddaughter or a daughter like her. She is like the most kind person in the world I ever meet, but I also worry her kindness is being used by other like Laxus.

Laxus have changed since I told him about his father and the fact that others only see him as my grandson not himself. Others never give him the credit he wanted so that make him pursue power that only for himself.

That also the time Aoi come to the guild. I thought maybe Aoi can heal the loneliness that Laxus felt and I'm right, Laxus become more open to her. Her kindness reach him. But after knowing that Aoi is slowly dying, he become more desperate to have power.

He is now believe power is everything. I'm afraid that he use Aoi's magic lacrima for no good. I begin to doubt if my decision to entrusting the lacrima to him.

He also taking Ryuu more frequently now. When I asked Ryuu where Laxus brought him, Ryuu just glared at me and told me to asked Laxus myself. I don't know why but Ryuu always have animosity too everyone in the guild including Laxus.

He just don't show it when Aoi is near. I know Aoi knew what happens, she always apologise to everyone that Ryuu snap. She always said that is the how Ryuu protecting her all the time.