22. Media

____

Shrugging me off he went forward towards Jake's room.

"Wait. I asked you something? How did you do that?" I questioned blocking his way.

"Your phone, I noticed you have a habit of taking all the notes in your cell phone and your unlock pattern was 'Z' which is still the same." He told. 'God! Even I didn't notice that I have the same password for years. I just wrote in cell all the notes that I didn't wanted to forget. He even knew my password. I mentally noted myself to change the password.

I had everyone I conned detail in my phone and laptop in case if I needed. 'But when did he went through my phone and he went through my phone?' I though.

"You went through my phone?' I questioned him giving him a how-dare-you look.

"When?" I questioned.

"When you were slept here, days ago." He said.

"So you payed them off?" I asked and not waiting for his reply

"You didn't have to do that. Why did you. Huh" I said groaning in frustration. He opened his mouth to say something and we hear a moan from Jake's room. I looked at Mr. Agrawal with wide eyes his expression where same as mine. We got inside quickly.

Jake's eyes were blinking adjusting to the bright light in the room. I and Mr. Agrawal rushed towards him.

"How do you feel?" Mr. Agrawal asked.

"Umm... Thirsty, I guess." His answer made me chuckle. Mr. Agrawal glared at me.

"Call the doctor." I said shooing him off.

"God..!! Jake do you know you scared us." I told him. Tears of happiness ran down as I smiled from ear to ear.

"God..!! You girls don't even leave a single occasion to cry." He said mocking my tone. I rolled my eyes at him.

Mr. Agrawal came in with doctor and nurse.

"How do you feel kiddo?" Doctor asked checking him up.

"What happened to me? And how should I feel?" He asked the doctor.

"Any headache? Or Body pain? Or weakness? “Doctor asked Jake.

"Little bit of all of them." Jake replied to the doctor thinking.

Mr. Agrawal's phone was continuously vibrating and he kept on declining the call. I eyed him.

"Excuse me." With that he left the room to answer the call. 'Who could it be? Abby?' I wondered scrunching my nose at the memory of her.

I was still thinking at that time doctor walked towards me with a note in his hand.

"Here" The doctor handed me a note.

"His medicines.... The person on the counter will explain you everything about the timing and how many medicine to give Jake daily." Dr. Kulkarni told me. I nodded.

"I will be right back. I have to take the medicines before I forget to." I told Jake leaving him with the nurse. 'Mr. Agrawal had already payed all the money I have conned from people I can atleast pay the hospital charge for Jake.' I thought.

I walked towards the medical shop handling the paper to the chemist. When I walked towards the medical counter on the same floor I saw Mr. Agrawal pacing back and forth worried talking in phone with someone. I hoped it not to be an Abby or company's loss issue.

I was waiting as the pharmacist searched for the medicines. My eyes looked around the small medical shop as my gaze stopped at particular someone on the small television screen in that shop. It was none other than Mr. Agrawal.

The headline said "Business tycoon beat up a reporter for his mysterious wife." The video of Mr. Agrawal beating the reporter was played again and again.

"Is that you?" The pharmacist asked looking at the television screen. I didn't even realize when he came towards me.

"Medicines?" I asked not answering the question he asked.

"Here" He handed me the medicines explaining the timing of each one of them. I noted down in my cell phones and even added alarm at the time medicines where to be given. I payed him and took the medicine and walked towards Jake's room. 'But Mr. Agrawal handled the matter at that time now how come?' Questions kept on arising in my brain till I reached Jake's room.

I waited for Mr. Agrawal to walk in. Till than Jake asked me what happened to him as he didn't remembered anything and felt like he woke up after a long time. I answered his questions.

"I could have even died?" He asked. His question caught me off-guards.

"No... I would have never let that happen do you get that?" I asked him dead seriously. He didn't dare to joke around regarding this topic so he just nodded.

"Where is Dr.kulkarni?" Mr.Agrawal asked. 
I stayed quite.

"Call Dr. Kulkarni." Mr. Agrawal ordered the nurse. She nodded with too much of smiling than required. I rolled my eyes at her.

"It's all over media? Isn't it?" I asked Mr. Agrawal. His jaw tightened.

"So what? Even when we will..." I stopped myself from completing the sentence to ‘Even when we will get divorced it will be all over media.'

But the look on his face and his eyes told me that he understood my unspoken words. I wondered how?

"You will know soon why I didn't want it to be all over media." He said while doctor walked in with the nurse who was now openly starring at Mr. Agrawal.

"Talk about people being more than obvious." I murmured to myself.

"Doctor, Can I take Jake home?" Mr. Agrawal asked.

"It will be okay... But I would recommend him to stay 2 more days." Doctor told Mr. Agrawal.

"What if I appoint a nurse?" Mr. Agrawal asked. The nurse eyeing Mr. Agrawal, her eyes lit up.

"Disgusting" I murmured a little too loudly as all of them were looking towards me.

"Yeah... Jake will be alright. Infact one of my close friend is a nurse, I am sure she is the perfect one to take care of Jake. Family friend." I said laughing lightly. Mr. Agrawal smirked towards me as if he knew why I was doing that.

'No I wasn't jealous. It's just that I didn't trust that nurse with Jake.' I tried to convince myself.

___

Sorry for the late update...

Wishing you a Happy new year (Indians)

Vote!! Comment!!
                               - D.love