25. Funny Agrawal

Double updates because I love you guys.... ❤❤❤
___

"What?" I thought out loud. I wanted to get myself buried underground. I said that with a shocked expression in-front of the entire family. Granny gave me a suspicious look. And everyone at the point of time was looking at me. I started coughing to cover up.

"Have this sweety." The same old sweet Agrawal in front of others was back. Mr. Agrawal handed me a glass of water and helped me to drink while patting my back. Such little things by Mr. Agrawal always made me feel like I was dreaming.

"I'm okay." I said smiling and removing his hand from my back because his hand on my back won't let me think about anything else rather than the feeling of his hand on my back.

"Why were you so shocked? Did I mentioned you something inappropriate?" Mr. Agrawal's Granny asked me confused. From the corner of my eyes I saw Mr. Agrawal stiffen and clenched his hand. I knew I had to make up a story very fast orelse I was in deep shit.

"Umm.. I meant what?" I acted as surprised.

"I wasn't shocked, I was surprised as it was like, what it's like a dream comes true!!" I expressed dreamily. I heard Mr. Agrawal's fake chuckle.

"Yeah.. She always wanted a wedding in an Indian style with all rituals but as we married in hustle we never got that chance and we had to settle with court marriage." Mr. Agrawal explained making my crap of an idea believable. Everyone around who were tensed when Mr. Agrawal's Granny asked now were smiling happily. I looked at Mr.Agrawal giving him a smile which meant thanks-for-saving-my-ass and sighed in relief.

"Oh!! Dear, what are we here for? We are here to fulfill that dream of yours." Mr. Agrawal's Granny said smiling genuinely. I nodded and returned her smiled.

"Yeah.. Surely you are." I said smiling looking towards Mr. Agrawal. He looked anywhere but at me adjusting his tie.

"So.. Firstly we all wanted to know the answers of few questions and I am sure my Aarav won't mind me asking him." Granny said to Mr. Agrawal and me.

"Surely why would I? The same way how you entered my life with two trucks full of people." Mr. Agrawal said sarcastically.

"I always did know you never liked me interfering your life that is why I am here." Mr. Agrawal's Granny answered back sarcastically. I looked at both of them with wide eyes. 'Are all grandparents and grandsons' relation are like this? ' I wondered.

"So Kiara? I hope you don't mind as well?" Mr. Agrawal's Granny asked.

"Not at all Mrs.Agrawal." I said.

"Granny.. Call me Granny." Granny told.

"Okay." I said smiling.

"So guys and girls get settled down. We will ask few questions and then will have a rapid fire round." Granny announced and all her friends sitting around her cheered. I gulped looking at Mr. Agrawal. He was sweating a bit, his hand on his collar. I and Mr. Agrawal were sitting on a red love seat surrounded by all the relatives in couches and bean bags.

Granny was sitting beside us with her friends of her age. In front of us was a big coffee table on which various soft drink, sweets, chocolates, cookies, a very big pizza, white pasta, some plates were placed.
Same things were being placed on the very big dining table outside the kitchen which was attached to the huge living room.

"So? Why didn't you feel the need to inform us personally rather than knowing by other means?" Granny asked adding some dry noodles to her manchow soup. I took the plate and started filling it with some pasta. I didn't have any appetite to eat but just to avoid answering and keep myself busy I stuffed my plate with pasta. I felt particular someone's eyes on me.

"Actually Kiara wanted to have a grand wedding but as you know I don't like much mess and people's interference in my personal life. We ended up with court marriage with just Rey and Rina witnessing it." Mr. Agrawal said reminding me about Rey and Rina they were nowhere around.

"So Kiara does your family know about your marriage?" Asked one of the Granny's friends. My personal life felt like a public issue at that point of time.

"Umm.. Actually.." I started thinking of an answer.

"She is an orphan." Mr. Agrawal said lowly. Everyone started murmuring and many "ohh!!" And "oh my God!!" Were being heard. It hurt a bit but somewhere deep inside I know it was the truth I was a kid with no parents.

"Oh.. Sorry to hear that dear." Granny said.

"No it's absolutely okay." I lied with a tight smile.

"So guys now let's start with the interesting part, the rapid fire round." Granny said excitingly. 'Where was I? In some reality show or interview?' I thought to myself.

"And yes you both will have to answer all the questions very quickly." Granny continued pointing towards us. Her friends agreeing with her.

"And ya.. Who so ever wins will get a free hamper!! Hamper!! Hamper!!" Mr. Agrawal said sarcastically making me chuckle. 'Exactly that was the only thing remaining from getting the feel of we are in some game show.' I thought to myself.

"Welcome to coffee with Granny." Mr. Agrawal said in a fake girly high pitched voice. Everyone in the room burst out laughing. I tried not to laugh. I didn't know Mr.Agrawal did even have some sense of humor. The funny him was much better than the angry him and even everyone in the family seemed to like him.

"Ha- ha very funny. I am the oldest so you will have to follow whatever I say." Granny informed Mr. Agrawal.

"Aarav chachu (Indian word for uncle) can I sit on your lap?" Asked a small girl which sounded like she talking through her nose. She was wearing a light-blue frock.

"Sure sweetheart. Nothing to ask about, just jump on him whenever you feel like." Granny answered. Mr. Agrawal chuckled at his granny's comeback and helped that little Angel sit on his lap.

"Mia get down orelse your chachi (Indian word for aunty) will feel jealous of you." One of the Ladies probably looked like her mom said. I was at the moment as red as tomato and Mr. Agrawal was quite.

"Okay... Enough of teasing let's start with the rapid fire round." One of the Granny's friends announced

____

Vote!! Comment!!
- D.love