23. Discharge

____

"Discharge papers will be ready soon." Dr.Kulkarni said.

"Kiara can you drop Jake at my place?" Mr. Agrawal asked. I gave him a confused look. 'Was he asking for a favour?' I thought.

"Can you?" He asked again. I nodded towards him.

"Alright be ready... ". He was interrupted by his phone ringing again.

 'What's going on?' I thought as his phone wouldn't stop ringing at all. He just waved towards me and Jake,and left.

"Seems like his business is suffering some major loss. Huh?" Jake asked me.

"Yeah.. But I have a feeling something is not right." I told Jake.

"Ohh come on..." Jake said rolling his eyes. I giggled at his reaction. There was a knock on the door and then a different nurse came in. She was kinda old, older than the last one. She must be in her late 40's.

"He has to get changed and freshen up before the discharge." The nurse said.

"Oh."." .. Ya sure." With that I stood up.

"Umm. Will you be able to nurse him for a few days at his place? I am sure if you will ask Dr. Kulkarni that you wanna nurse Jake he will let you go." I told her.

"Oh. Am I the one nurse friend of your's?" She asked smiling and my cheeks became very red due to embarrassment. She must have been here when I told Mr. Agrawal.

"Ohh ya' I did knew there was some seen going on between them." Jake said embarrassing me more. I shot him a glare to shut him up. I cannot believe that he is just 7 or 8 year old. The nurse and Jake burst out laughing seeing me.

"It's okay girl. I will just ask Dr.Kulkarni and I would love to help you out, "she said.

 I nodded and murmured a small thank you backing out of the room. As soon as I was out of the room, I sighed in relief.

...

All the other discharge process were quick.  Maybe because Mr.Agrawal called Dr.Kulkarni to make it fast. I didn't know what the rush was, but Mr. Agrawal even called me and asked me to bring Jake home fast.

I did as was told. I even asked the nurse in her 40's whose name I figured out was Urvashi to come along. I hated to admit that, but Mr. Agrawal did have a great influence ,as at the mention of his name Dr. Kulkarni agreed to take that particular nurse along.

"Jake we should get going. Mr. Agrawal has arranged a car for us to take you home." I told him.

"Why isn't Aarav driving us home? Can you call him? I want to talk to him first." He asked me. I nodded and dialed Mr. Agrawal's number and handed it to Jake. After few minutes Jake's words shocked me.

"Stop shouting, its me, not your item." 

The single-digit-old Jake told to 'The Mr.Agrawal' referring me as 'his Item'. My jaw almost hit the ground.

"Jake." I warned angrily.

"Am sorry for saying that but I am pissed. Why aren't you here to pick me up?" Jake asked sadly.

"Oh."

"Then it's okay"

"Yeah"

"We will be home soon."

I just heard this before Jake hung up. I gave him a confused look.

"We should get going." He said and I raised my eyebrow. Wasn't he going to explain to me what he talked about with Mr. Agrawal.

"Err... Jake." I called.

"Not now Kiara. I will tell you everything as soon as we reach." He told. I was about to argue when he interrupted me.

"Ahh... My head" He acted. I rolled my eyes at him and agreed to take him to his home first. 'His home and even the place you are going to live in from now.' The voice in my head told me. I was nervous and even a bit excited about the upcoming days.

The nurse got in the passenger seat and me and Jake on the back seat. Then the second cutest thing ever happened to me. Jake falling asleep on my lap asking me to pat his head lightly. Seeing him sleeping peacefully when he is alright was the best thing.

The first cutest thing happened to me was Mr. Agrawal's fake first compliment of saying it's hot when I laugh. Though fake, at that time I found it cute.

Soon we reached Mr. Agrawal's Mansion. I almost didn't want to wake Jake up as he had buried his face in my lap and was holding one of my hands tightly.

"Jake get up and come sleep in your room." I said slowly running my hand in his hair. He blinked his eyes adjusting to the outside brightness.

"Due to small amount of sedatives in his medicines he might be sleepy. But that's good. The more he takes rest, the sooner he will heal. "The nurse said opening the door.

"Yeah" I told her agreeing with what she said. Slowly Jake got out of the car and smirked at me. I gave him a confused look.

"All the best" With that he walked inside the mansion followed by the nurse.

"Walk slowly." I shouted

. 'Best of luck for what?' I thought to myself getting out of the car.

As soon as I was about to get behind Jake, I was yanked in to a corner and a hand was on my mouth preventing me from shouting.

"Listen carefully. Do you remember, I told you that media will drag us in deep shit?".I nodded.

"Well.. my family is waiting inside to meet you." Mr. Agrawal told me. My back was against his chest and I could feel him breathing heavily and so was I. My heart started racing. I closed my eyes to calm myself down and taking in what he said. Then I turned around and looked at him dumbfounded.

"What? Your family? You have a family?" I half whisper yelled.

"Shh... Remember the weekly marital counseling?" Mr. Agrawal asked.

"Yeah." I replied confused. 'Where is he taking this? 'I thought. I was very much confused..

____
What do you think will happen next??

Vote!! Comment!!
- D.love