24. Family

____

"For Jake.. If you.. I mean if WE want Jake's Custody than go with the flow.. Act like my wife in front of them.." He told me.

"Act like your wife? I am your wife.. I mean temporary but still legal remember.. You told me that our marriage is now legal." I reminded him.

"No you are not getting me. We will have to be like a husband and wife." He told me. I gave him a confused look.

"I mean we have to act like a happy couple." He said. And I gave him a Are-you-crazy look.

"See if the marital counselor will call them as in my relatives who are inside at the moment and if our counselor even get a hint that we aren't a happy couple then the counselor will never let us take Jake's custody." Mr. Agrawal talked to me like talking to a child.

"Cut the crap. What do you want me to do?" I asked him.

"You will be anyway living with me as per the court's order. Along with living with me you will have to pretend to be a proper wife in front of the world." He told. It sounded really simple ' I can even pretend to be his wife if I am living with him.' I thought. I nodded. I saw a sign of relief on his face.

"Come on in." He told and at that moment my world turned upside down.

His family was not the typical ritual, religious family but modern and I never thought he had a big family. I mean his mother and father weren't there nor was his elder brother that's mean just Rey right but I was wrong. His father side of the family was very very big. Like his father had 5 siblings along with their family and even the main Agrawal's grandmother and her friends everyone was at Mr. Agrawal's place.

I soon as I entered Mr. Agrawal's mansion I was shocked to see this many people around. His entire family was looking at me. I turned towards with Mr.Agrawal he was already reading my expression. I tried to speak but no voice came out of my mouth.

"I told you if the media knows about us than it will be a very big problem for us." Mr. Agrawal murmured.

"You. Mister, Introduce your wife." Said the oldest Lady which I later found out was Mr. Agrawal's grandma.

"She is Kiara." Mr. Agrawal said a bit awkward and at that point of time I realised that ages later I heard him calling me by my name without anger in his voice.

He placed his hand on the small of my back moving closer to me. I looked at him with wide eyes because this little things did affect me a lot. A light push of his hand reminded me to walk ahead. He headed me towards the family members.

"Meet my granny, he is my uncle Shailesh, my other uncle Sameer, his son Rohan." And this way Mr. Agrawal went on and on introducing to me more than 30 people. I came to know that the family was his dad's side family and it was pretty big. I greeted everyone smiling. Everyone mostly looked posh and rich except one of his uncle's family which looked very sweet and simple. I smiled at everyone.

"Now, now let her sit." Mr. Agrawal's Granny said. As soon as Mr. Agrawal's granny spoke everyone stopped talking and listened to her.

"Ask Raju to bring some sweets." Mr. Agrawal's Granny ordered one of his sons. I was sitting straight in attention. Eyes glued on Mr. Agrawal's Granny. I have never been around elder people that much, so my body was always tensed and mind was nervous around elder people. As according to many stories I have heard till date elder people are always very strict and Orthodox.

"So.. Kiara.. Oops or should I call you Mrs. Agrawal?" Mr.Agrawal's Granny asked. I gulped.

"Uhh.. K.Kiara is okay." I tried to speak without shuttering. Mr. Agrawal's Granny looked kind of strict and very disciplined.

"Sit beside here.." Mr. Agrawal's Granny ordered Mr. Agrawal. 'Omg. No one dare to talk like that to Mr. Agrawal. If I would have ordered that way then I would be dead by now.' I thought. My eyes were as big as soccer ball looking towards Mr. Agrawal. He rolled his eyes towards his Granny and sat beside me.

"Young man did you just roll your eyes?" Asked Mr. Agrawal's Granny to Mr. Agrawal.

"No Granny.. Why would I ?Mr. Agrawal lied smirking. He was all cool about his Granny being all worked up on us.

"Okay. So you didn't even have the courtesy to inform us that you getting married huh?" Mr. Agrawal's Granny asked Mr. Agrawal. Her forehead was wrinkled and she was fairer than normal brown people and had healthy skin. Though her hair waa almost white but she seemed fit and healthy. She even had a dominating aroma around her.

"Granny come on don't be like this.. It just happened fast. I hope you to understand me." Mr.Agrawal told his granny.

"Marriage don't happen all of a sudden.. Weren't you guys planning to tell me about it?" Granny asked us.

"No." I said.

"Yes." Mr. Agrawal said at the same time.

"Huh?" His granny asked.

"No... We weren't trying to hide, we were about to tell you." Mr. Agrawal completed my sentence giving me a keep-your-mouth-shut glare.

"I am disappointed but still now I will ask you guys questions whose answers we all are dying to know." Mr. Agrawal's granny said smiling and the entire family agreed by saying things like :-

"Yeah man I am eagerly waiting."

"That is what we are here for."

"Nice grab man.. Where did you find her."

"She is pretty where did you guys meet.. I am dying here to know.. Omg.. You guys look so cute."

"You didn't even inform me bro."

Everyone bombarded Mr.Agrawal with questions.

"Quite everyone." Mr. Agrawal's Granny said loudly. And instantly the entire room was quite and in pin drop silence.

"Okay.. First don't you wanna know why we all are here?" Granny asked looking at me and Mr. Agrawal with raised eyebrow. I nodded.

"Yes obviously I want to know your sudden interference in my life." Mr. Agrawal said sarcasm leaking from his voice and he was smirking. Surprisingly Mr. Agrawal's Granny laughed lightly at his comment.

"We are here to get you guys remarried with proper each and every Indian ritual." Mr. Agrawal's Granny concluded happily. I and Mr. Agrawal looked at each other with shock witnessed in our expression.

____

Vote!! Comment!!
                               -D.love