29. Mehendi

____

"The bride is here." Someone said making everyone look at me. There was a song playing on in the background Jay, Cai and others were practising for the dance.

"Get down fast Kiara." Steffi said. I nodded towards her and got down in my normal speed as I was wearing an Indian saree with small sized heels but still to walk fast in an Indian saree and heels was always a bit difficult.

There were arrangements made inside as well as outside (lawn) for applying mehendi for tomorrow's engagement. Mostly official mehendi ceremony takes places before the marriage but even during the engagement the bride is made to apply mehendi and as engagement and wedding seemed near by in my case, today was the official mehendi ceremony.

The arrangements made were massive. In the lawn many beautiful white, pink and blue colored decorating and sitting arrangements were made but the bride's mehendi arrangements were arranged inside.

"Come on.. sit.. fast." Steffi said making me sit on a comfortable small couch. I smiled at Jay as he was still learning a dance move. As soon as I sat down two girls almost of my age started applying mehendi. Within 20 minutes they covered my both arms uptill my elbow. It was fully covered not even an ant size space left.

From past 20 minutes I was watching Cai and Jay trying to dance. Jay as expected was very bad in dancing and he didn't even get a single step in 20 minutes. As I was done with the mehendi thing, I stood up walking towards them. He was dancing with her partner (Mr. Agrawal's cousin) who even seemed a bit frustrated and even the choreographer seemed tensed.

"What Jay you can't even do a single step?" I asked walking towards him. He gave me a bored look.

"Dance ain't my thing.." He told looking away from me. He still seemed a bit pissed. I somehow wanted to change his bad mood.

"Wait.. I will teach you." I told him with a smile. He raised his eyebrow.

"Yes Kiara now only you can teach him." Cai cheered.

"Mehendi in my hand is still wet, so be careful." I warned him. My butt was still numb due to sitting like a statue for 20 minutes for the mehendi.

"Play the song." I told the girl who was partnered with Jay. She nodded towards me. As my hands till elbow length were covered in mehendi I had to place my upper arm on his shoulder which made us very close to each other. He placed his hands on my waist as my hands were covered in mehendi he placed both his hand on my waist. As I was wearing a saree his hands were touching my bare waist.

Even in my heels Jay was much more heighted to me so I stood on my tip toe, to look straight in his eyes. I have never been this close to Jay. But even being this close I didn't feel anything for him just a very good friend as always and kind of possessive brother at times.

"Do you like that girl? You dancing for her?" I asked him. He smirked looking at me.

"Jealous much?" He asked. I giggled.

"You seriously think.. I am the jealous kind for you.. I can have you anyways." I told him jokingly. He laughed.

"True that." He said in a serious tone looking straight into my eyes. It was getting awkward.

"I asked you something.. You dancing?" I repeated changing the topic making the situation less awkward. There was some slow Bollywood music playing on the background and till now we were moving a bit, not much. Like we were dancing in the same place.

"Yeah.. That Granny forced to stay, participate and attend every function as I am the only one from your side at the moment." He said which reminded me about Krystal. My last wish was to have her here with me at the very moment. I once again pushed that thought in the back of my head.

"Guys...!!" I heard a very loud voice and at the same time a hand very roughly flipped me from weak hold of Jay into him. His scent hit me and I knew he was none other than Mr. Agrawal.

"Guys..!! " the same voice repeated, it was Jay's partner shouting. I didn't even notice that the music was being stopped.

"You both were so much into each other that you guys didn't even realise that we did call you twice and even stopped the music." The same girl said. Mr. Agrawal's grip on my upper arm tightened. I could already sense anger. My eyes were closed as I didn't want to face him. His hand forcibly gripping my chin made me look up into his eyes. His eyes told many things but the long story short I was screwed.

"Umm..." I tried to speak but it seemed like nothing came out of my mouth.

"Puker up." He said deadly. I noticed that little bit of mehendi from my hand got on his clothes as well as mine.

"Cai." I called as except Jay he was my only life saver at that time.

"Come along help me get dressed." I said in hustle trying to run away from Mr. Agrawal. He looked at me with wide murderous eyes. His jaw tight and his fingers were digging in my flesh at that time I realised that Mr. Agrawal don't know that Cai is gay but it was too late as his anger seemed to be at the top most level and I knew he was not in the state to listen anything and even publically I can't reveal anything about Cai.

"Yeah.. Alright." Cai answered making the situation worsen. Mr. Agrawal at that point of time would rip me off in pieces he seemed that angry.

"Your practice seems to be over." Granny's voice interrupted the situation and even a bit of Mr.Agrawal's attention from me. My mind triggered that it was the right time to run away. I managed to get out of Mr. Agrawal's grip as his grip loosened seeing granny.

"Oh.. I got some mehendi in here." I said pointing the very little mehendi on my saree and half ran upwards towards my room along with Cai. At this point of time I even managed to run in my saree and heels where earlier I wasn't even able to walk when I heard Mr. Agrawal say those words.

"Seems like even I got to clean up."

_____

Vote!! Comment!!
- D.love