Waffles Cause A War? Well... Almost

"I'll take you to your room," Dylan offered Ryan.

"You're staying right?" Ryan asked me in fear.

"Of course she is," Josh smirked.

Ryan looked at me for conformation. I sighed.

"I won't leave you. I made you a promise after the mishap and I never break my promises. You know me better than that," I smiled, hugging my brother.

"Come on, it's late. I'll show you to your rooms," Josh offered, helping Ryan himself.

Dylan held the door open for us before going off on his own.

"This will be your room Ryan," Josh said, whispering something into Ryan's ear.

Ryan nodded and fell asleep on his bed. I knelt next to the bed and kissed his forehead.

"You treat him like he's a kid," Josh scoffed as he closed the door behind us once we were in the hall.

"In case you didn't notice he's scared! He doesn't know what's happening to him exactly and that scares him! He needs someone to look out for him!" I whispered harshly.

"And who's going to look after you?" Josh asked, showing me to my room, right next to Ryan's room.

"I don't need anyone to look after me," I said, pushing memories out of my mind.

There was a frightened tremor to my voice and I know that he heard it.

"We both know that you don't believe that. Why are you so stubborn? Huh? Why can't you just let people in and be kind to you?" he demanded.

"Because all of you arrogant, cocky assholes are alike," I snapped, closing the door in his face.

I went over to the bed and fell asleep, uncaring of the fact that I was fully clothed. I woke in the middle of the night to someone moving towards me. I grabbed my gun-a recent investment of mine-and pointed at the target.

"Arrow?" Ryan whimpered.

"Sorry Ry, just paranoid," I sighed, putting the gun away.

"What's the matter?" I asked, turning on the bedside lamp as I got up.

"I'm hungry," he mumbled.

I stared at him in shock.

"Really?" I whispered after a long pause.

He nodded. I noticed that he was holding his own weight perfectly fine though he still looked ill.

"Alright... um..." I said, looking at the floor.

"Feeling awkward?" he chuckled.

It was so good to hear him sound happy.

"Yeah..." I mumbled, glaring at the floor.

"But I'm really hungry," he begged.

"Alright, we should go find the kitchen," I sighed.

Ryan took me straight to the kitchen. He claimed that it was his new sense of smell. I washed up after he ate his fill of chocolate chip waffles with peanut butter.

"Can I stay with you Arrow? I don't want to be alone," Ryan begged, tears of fear in his eyes.

"Of course you can," I smiled.

I made a bed of blankets on the floor next to the bed. Ryan kicks in his sleep a lot so I didn't mind sleeping on the floor. The next morning I took my back pack with me into the bathroom connected to my room and cleaned myself before getting dressed. When I came out Ryan was still asleep.