A Walk In The Park? Nah, An Attack In The Park? Why Not?

(JOSH'S POINT OF VIEW)

I sat there in shock like everyone else until a dull pain in my chest snapped me back into reality.

"Dylan, go find Ryan and calm him down. I'll go get Arrow," I sighed.

I sped off on my motorcylce to catch Arrow before she got too far. I walked into a small park and saw her sitting on a swing, crying. I sat on the swing next to her, waiting for her to feel ready to talk.

"What do you want?" she whispered.

She sounded so broken.

All I wanted to do was hold her and kiss her until she forgot about her pain. I couldn't tell her any of that of course.

"I wanted to make sure that you're alright. I mean, I know I'm just an obnoxious asshole but I still have a heart," I said.

She flinched when I used her words from earlier.

"Why do you even care?" she asked, still staring at her feet.

"As I've said before, you'll find out later," I said with a small smile.

She gave me a confused look before returning her gaze to her shoes.

"Why do you hate me so much?" I asked.

She shrugged in response.

"I honestly want to know. I want us to be able to get along if for no reason other than your brother's well-being," I tried again.

She started crying again and I realized that her brother was the reason why we were here to begin with.

"Out of all the hurt and betrayal Ryan was always there. I thought that I could trust him to be my rock when I needed him," she sniffed.

"He really cares about you. He stood up to me to defend you for goodness sake! I'm sure he's just scared," I said, hoping that they were the right things to say.

"Things have just been so hard since the slip-up..." she said, shaking her head.

"What slip-up?" I asked softly.

Her eyes grew wide and fresh tears threatened to fall.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. Just know that when you do want to talk, I'm always here to listen," I sighed.

"I want to tell you.. but I just can't let myself trust you," she said.

I didn't know what to say to that so I waited for her to continue.

"I mean, after caring for him for so long, I had trusted my brother to at least not hate me," she sobbed.

I couldn't take it; I grabbed her chin and made her look at me.

"Your brother cares about you. You have my word as his Alpha. You're too amazing for someone to hate anyways," I said. As corny as it sounded it was the truth. I put a finger over her lips to stop her from interupting me.

"You are so calm, kind, and caring, but you're not afraid to stand up for the people that you love. I'll never understand how anyone could have hurt you without wanting to kill themself for causing you pain," I finished, never looking away from her eyes.

"It was my fault that Trevor hit me. I should have been better. I should have just kept quiet. I don't know anything, he was always right," she said, closing her eyes.

My anger shot up at that.

"Is that what he told you?!?" I demanded.

I saw fear cross her eyes.

"Answer me!" I commanded.

My tone was hard and cold. She fell off of the swing,startled by my anger.

As she hit the ground my anger left as I was filled with worry. I stepped towards her but she crawled away.

"I'm so sor..."

She cut me off by screaming. Before I could understand what she was screaming about I was shoved to the ground.

"Get off!" Arrow screamed.

A girl pinned Arrow to the ground.

"Get away from her," I growled.

"Ooo, so Alpha found a soul?" the girl smirked, turning to look at me.

"Leave her be," I commanded, trying not to phase.

"After she tastes fear," the girl laughed.

"Taste this whore," Arrow sneered, shooting the girl in the shoulder.

Arrow pushed the girl over, pinning her down.

"I'm certain that Trevor will come play with your life now that he's getting your brother out of the way," the girl laughed.