This Doesn't Mean That I Like You...

"Get dressed in something casually nice and meet me at the front doors in fifteen minutes," Josh said from my door.

Before I could ask any questions or argue he left. I checked my clock to find that I had been reading for over an hour. I sighed but went to take a shower first.

I dressed in my black skinny jeans, a semi-tight dark red halter top, my Escape the Fate hoodie, and my converse.

I pulled my hood up and slowly made my way to the front door. Josh didn't say anything about me being ten minutes late. Instead he smiled and led me to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked in a bored tone.

"You said I have a week to get you to fall in love with me so I decided to take you on a date," he smiled.

"Where are we going though?" I asked.

He kept quiet and watched the road.

"Josh! Do not make me take drastic meassures," I threatened.

He chuckled but shook his head no.

"Fine," I said, unbuckling my seatbelt.

I leaned over the seat and kissed the side of his neck. I trailed kisses up his neck to under his ear. He groaned as I gently bit him.

"Please Josh," I whispered.

It was so funnny to watch him squirm like this.

"You don't play fair," he groaned.

"Then tell me," I whispered, nibbling on his neck.

He groaned once more and closed his eyes. We started swerving into the other lane. I suddenly realized what I had been doing. I had never done something like that before! I have no idea what came over me!

"Watch where you're going!" I cried, grabbing the wheel.

"Well maybe you should stop trying to seduce me," he smirked.

"Well maybe you should have been nice to me and just told me where we're going," I pouted.

"Oh yeah? Well you know what? I wish you would just let me do something nice for you without assuming that there are strings attached. I'm doing this because I care about you. Why is that so hard to believe?" he asked in a saddened whisper.

I wanted to cry at that.

"I'm sorry," I whispered, scooting as far away from him as possible.

I was prepared for any kind of abuse that he would be able to throw at me.

"You have nothing to be sorry for..." he said, parking the car in an empty lot and turning to face me.

He reached out to touch me but I flinched. Instead of getting angry he gently cupped my cheek in his hand.

"I'm the one who should be sorry and I truly am. I'm doing my best to understand what you've been through. I really am doing my best. It's just so hard to see you so broken and untrusting because someone hurt you that bad," he said, shaking his head sadly.

"Don't worry, I'll meet you in the middle somewhere. I have to start accepting things and get past the past. So we'll struggle together," I smiled.

He grinned and got out of the car, opening my door.

"Well let's go woman, our date awaits," he chuckled.

I laughed at him and got out. It was so easy to talk and be my old self when I was around Josh. But someone as amazing looking as him should be with some preppy blonde girl that's got a lot of money. I'm just a nobody with a haunting past..