Two Steps Forward Twelve Steps Back

(RYAN'S POINT OF VIEW)

I left Arrow alone with Josh. I knew she'd be safe with him and I knew that he wanted to talk to her alone. About a half hour or so after I had left them Josh came running into the training building.

"Please tell me that your sister came here," he begged, pain and worry clear on his face.

I felt the blood leave my face.

"What happened? Where did she go?" I begged.

The last thing I needed was to lose her too. She can't stand up to him. She's never been able to and she shouldn't have to ever face that jerk again.

"She told me about how you changed and by whom... She started crying and ran off..." he said, trying to keep himself from phasing.

"No, no, no, no! She can't be out by herself! What if he finds her?! He would kill her if he did!" I cried in a panic.

I felt mself phase into my wolf form. Josh phased as well, howling for the pack to assemble. We broke up and searched the grounds and soon headed into the woods.

(JOSH'S POINT OF VIEW)

I followed my bond that each werewolf shares with their soulmate and found her asleep in a small clearing. It was late and a bit chilly. I stepped on some sticks, causing Arrow to sit up quickly, holding her gun at the ready. When she saw me she put the gun away but stayed tense.

"What do you want?" she asked dryly, looking away from me.

I could practically feel the hurt and the hate coming from her. I did that to her; I had been the one to push too far. I laid on my stomach and inched forward, whining my apologizes. She mindlessly started scratching behind my ears while staring out at nothing. I wanted so terribly to know what she was thinking. I gently tugged on her pants leg.

"What?" she whispered, her voice sounding sad and broken.

I whinned, begging her to come home. I heard Ryan howl, asking if anyone had found her. I howled back, letting him know that I was bringing her back. She sighed, realizing what was going on and walked with me back to the house. Ryan ran up to us in his human form and hugged Arrow. She stood there, not hugging him back.

"Sorry Ry, I'm just kind of tired," she said, shrugging him off.

"Do you want me to go up with you?" Ryan asked.

She shook her head and walked off, into the house. Dylan came out as I phased into my human form and handed me a pair of basketball shorts.

"Who is this guy that you two are so afraid of?" I demanded.

"Didn't she tell you that it's her ex-boyfriend?" Ryan asked.

"I want a name!" I snapped.

Someone was threatening Arrow and I was going to make her safe. Nothing was ever going to hurt her again if I can help it!

"His name's Trevor," Ryan sighed.

"Wait! Trevor Murphy?" Dylan gasped.

My anger grew. Trevor had killed my sister. This just made me want to kill him all the more. I had already been hunting him for years.

"Yeah, he was practically using Arrow as a punching bag. Don't get me wrong, she can hold her own in a fight but he had her believing that it was her fault that he hit her. After a while it started to turn elsewhere. When she told me that he raped her me and the gang I was in went to war with the gang that he was in.

"I had told her to stay home where it was safe but she followed us anyways. She stayed hidden so that not even I had known she was there. Trevor came after me but she ran in and knocked him to the ground. Everyone stopped and watched. He told her that she had better get out of his way but she refused, finally standing up to him," Ryan stopped, getting lost in the memories.