At Least There's Hope For Humans Then!

I snuck into the kitchen and saw that Mary was there as always.

"I hear that your brother and Josh had a little spat last night when you got home," she smiled, sitting some food in front of me.

"Yeah... Ryan's just looking out for me... After what happened he can't help it. He just doesn't want me to get hurt is all," I shrugged.

"Well that's all Josh is doing too. He's got this crazy idea going through his mind that even if you don't fall for him he'll be the best friend you've ever had and be by your side no matter what," Mary laughed.

"Guess who?" a voice asked, covering my eyes.

I dropped my fork, suddenly recognizing the voice of the guy that Ryan had been talking to. I turned to face him...

"Drake!" I cried happily.

He had been a member of the gang the Ryan had been in. The day of the fight he had been in juvie and unable to go to the fight.

"So you do remember me," he chuckled.

"Well, it's awefully hard to forget someone as cuddly as you," I laughed.

"Aww, thanks Rows," he smiled.

"How have you been? You've stayed out of trouble right?" I asked.

We caught up, spending most of the day in the kitchen together. I played along with Ryan's plan, that way he thought that I didn't know about it.

I figured I had to give him something for always being there for me.

"Hey Arrow... Who's this?" Josh growled, looking at Drake's arm around my shoulders.

"This is an old friend of mine and Ryan's. They were in the same gang back home. Drake, this is Josh, Ryan's Alpha," I smiled.

"And Arrow's soulmate I see," Drake mused.

I sat there, completely shocked and confused.

"He's a werewolf too Sweets," Ryan smiled.

"This guy is not my soulmate," I pouted, crossing my arms.

"Yes he is," Ryan and Drake said at the same time that Josh said he was.

"You people are stupid! That is absolutely ridiculous!" I seethed, storming out of the kitchen.

The days started to pass and I kept hanging out with Drake and was forced to hang out with Josh. Sooner than I had hoped, Friday night arrived. I knew that I fallen for Josh.

Lucky for me, I know how to put on an act. Saturday morning came and I was rudely woken to the sound of someone knocking on my door.

"Whaaaat?" I grumbled, throwing a pillow at the door.

All I got in response was more knocking.

"Go away!" I whined. The door finally just opened and Drake came rushing in.

"Guess what I just heard!" he said, smiling like an idiot.

"That you're mouth is going to be ripped off your face for waking a poor innocent little girl up too early in the morning?" I mumbled, covering my head with my other pillow.

"No... That just sounds painful and not fun," he pouted.

Silence surrounded us.

"Oh! I almost forgot why I came in here and woke you up!" he screamed as I was starting to fall back to sleep.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I demanded.

"I heard that there's another pack coming over for a lunch cook out today," he smiled.