Chapter 18

Chapter 18

The hall was in an uproar.

Of course, Cameron would think uproar was an understatement. All of the sudden, as soon as Ai spoke those words, 'Pandora's Box', everyone stood up at exactly the same moment, guns drawn pointed at each other. Almost immediately as it happened, the maids who were innocently standing at the sides moved in, dropping the trays that they held, with one hand confiscated their weapons with extreme agility and instantly subduing everyone there.

Royce spoke quickly in code into his earpiece and Maria came rushing in knives outdrawn and stood in front of Ai, meeting the astonished gazes of everyone there with a deadly stare, daring anyone to breach her line of defence.

Funnily enough, Ai only looked at them with that same unnerving smile on his face.

'He's lost it.' Thought Cameron to himself as he lowered his own gun and slipped it back into the pocket of his suit.

Ai clapped his hands together once as a command. Sure enough, all the maids returned to their posts, said confiscated weapons placed onto the trays they had dropped, displaying the weapons boldly. Their expressions blank as if nothing had happened. "Now now everyone, please, let's all keep our rational minds and sit down. We'll discuss this like professionals, no need to get so... violent."

Erik scoffed loudly. Being the first person to take his seat again, others soon followed his actions though now, the carefree atmosphere was no longer there. Everyone sat alert, wary.

The lights came back on.

Vern came out with an outburst of German, an angry yet confused expression on his face as he partially yelled at Ai. With a raised eyebrow, Ai answered with eerie serenity, Cameron only managing to catch the word 'sicher' which meant safe in German and 'lächerlich' which meant absurd or... preposterous? Obviously Cameron needed to work on his German.

"Ai," Vern said finally in English with an exasperated sigh. "Do you realise how dangerous this game that you wish to play sounds like? You're pulling out secret after secret every three days... What if, with the secrets written on that sheet of paper, you spark a war between the families? Would you take responsibility for that?"

"I never intended to alarm anyone, let alone spark a war. But as things stand now, we will never get anywhere with the planning and the tracking and no, I do not fancy getting help from the corrupted government police." Ai stated.

"Vern," sounded a voice from the far end of the table. All eyes turned towards Grace Fiona Westellan, a petite girl with a voice as sweet as her name, daughter to head mafia in Czech Republic. "What is it that makes you so against this game? Unless you have something to hide and worry that someone else has that dirt on you, why not just go with the flow? I agree with what Ai had said, as things stand and the arguments amongst one another it'll only make it harder for us to focus and find our leaders. If everyone could vent their own worries and such onto a small piece of rectangular paper, I don't see why we should be against it. I would really like to rescue my father if you don't mind."

"Says the girl who pulled out her gun and bravely pointed it towards Ai." Vern muttered loud enough for Grace to hear.

Cameron observed Vern as he clenched and unclenched his fists. He had a tall build, green eyes that could make anyone shiver, an androgynous face paired with dirty blonde hair and a brilliant mind. One thing that was obvious was that he had anger issues though he tried hard to suppress it of course. Finally, Vern released a long breath and slumped in his seat.

"Forgive me for my outburst Ai. For our leader's sake, I will stand down and play this game of yours."

Ai gave him a smile, one that didn't reach his eyes, as he stood and held the dark green box up high in the air for everyone to see. At that moment right there, Cameron could only hold his breath in and not being able to believe the scene unfolding right in front of him. The usual Ai, the Ai that he had been hanging out with for the past weeks wasn't there. It was as if the red haired man in front of him were possessed by some unknown force, there was clear determination behind his motives of course but he could see nothing more. It's as if he really does enjoy playing this game.