Chapter 12 |Part 1|

|Part 1|

Time seemed to slow down, Amethyst felt her throat constrict, her face rapidly losing colour. Without realizing it, Ai had already made his way to her side of the room, running to catch her fainting body. The glass of water she held slipped away from her grip and, like a droplet of water disturbing the calm of a pond, the glass shattered with an unbelievably loud crash, instantly silencing the room, all heads turned towards Amethyst.

Ai watched as she doubled over, her chest rising and falling rapidly, the pale of her face turning into a hue of blue. Her eyes widened in fear, mouth muttering incoherent words. As soon as Ai got closer, he could barely make out what she said but when he did, his blood froze.

"They're dead..." she muttered redundantly.

"Amethyst?" Ai called to her carefully. "Ames, calm down... Listen to my voice, try to breathe, please, or you're going to suffocate."

He could see her internal struggle to win back control over her own body, to stop the evident pain that was making her body shake with fear, awaking memories she had long tried to suppress.

"What's happening? Ai, what's wrong with her?" Cameron's worried voice cut through the murmurs of panic of all the other members sitting around the table, shifting nervously in their seats. Ricky was yelling for the maids to clear up the mess around Amethyst. The older members were trying to detain the panic. Everything was in a state of chaos.

"Everybody go and wait in the living room right now!" roared Cameron with a voice so loud Ai flinched, momentarily distracted from Amethyst's state. Slowly but surely, the men started to leave the room in a satisfyingly orderly fashion except for Kyle, Scott and Carrie.

Ai shook his head, slapping himself mentally and dragged himself back to reality, trying to block out the loud noises, only realizing that the room was now mostly empty. The noise was coming from Amethyst, a high pitched scream escaping her lips and echoing in the dining hall.

"I was running see," she told him on the day he was about to leave for France.

"It's always the same bloodstained hallway, the same lifeless and limp bodies hanging from the ceiling, mutilated and tortured beyond recognition. They always ask me for help but all I can do is run... I don't know why but I always feel a sort of—content watching their pain. I can never get their voices out of my head. Even now, all I hear is screams every single time I wake up from that nightmare."

Ai closed his eyes and took a deep breath, his hand reaching for the small black box he always kept inside his pocket.

He locked eyes with every sane person in the room; Kyle, Scott, Carrie, Cameron and Ricky who were now standing behind him, none daring to come close and disturb the bubble of the world he had created unconsciously. He fingered the gold lining of the box, knowing there was no turning back from this decision. He tilted his head and stared at the chandelier hanging grandly from the roof.

"If the time should ever come where I won't calm down, the time where no sort of reasoning from either you or Giotto could go through to me... I want you to use this..." Amethyst pushed the box in his hand and in it, placed carefully amidst deep crimson velvet was possibly the smallest syringe he's ever seen. Inside it was an ominous looking pale orange liquid, the bubbles dancing in the light of the airport halogens. "I trust you to do this for me... if not-- I'm afraid that I would never be able to return to being myself... Promise me you'll use this when I finally break down Ai."

He remembered hesitating to accept the box. Even after he boarded the plane and arrived safely in France, the number of times he was tempted to throw the box away was uncountable. Every day he would go through his life with that tiny little box in his pocket, weighing him down and rendering him the ability to walk with grace.

"I promise, Ames... For you..."

And his words now rang loudly in his ears, the promise he made with her two years ago still lingering in the depths of his memory as a nightmare engraved to his own mind.

Cameron raised a questioning eyebrow at him. "Ai, what's in the box?" he asked cautiously.

"Trust me?" Ai asked Cameron in a soft voice and reluctantly ignored the look of pure horror dawning onto his face, the colour of his eyes turning dangerously dark with suspicion and malice.

Swiftly Ai turned his back against Cameron and inserted the needle into the back of Amethyst's hand and with a moment's hesitation, injecting the serum to her bloodstream.

He heard Cameron shout in protest and felt the punch that connected to the side of his face, the throbbing pain quickly subdued to a numb sensation as the consequence of his action finally sank in.

A/N 

I have to apologize but from next week onwards I'll be starting senior year in my school so updates will be coming a little slow because its a very important year with extremely important exams too.... 

anyways I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter 

Please feel free to VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW :)

LOVE, AUDREY

- Edited 03.06.2016-