Chapter 7

Chapter 7

In a distinct world, where nothing violent existed, she always imagined green meadows; yellow daffodils throwing their heads in the wind, a red barn house the only thing you would see for miles and miles onwards. At night, you could hear the crickets' sounds, acoustic music filling the sacred silence, on the rooftop watching the twinkle of stars play mischievously.

That was the world she dreamt of. For the first time in years, she could see it again, a vivid memory but still one she treasured and longed for. And there she stood, hand entwined in someone else's, their gaze over the ending horizon, oblivious to death and dreams, a perfect world.

Until she heard someone shout playfully into her ear. "Rise and shine bird woman!!"

Amethyst groaned, swinging her right arm 'accidentally' in the direction of the voice. She heard a satisfying grunt when her elbow connected with his face and the snickered, throwing the covers off of her and exclaimed cheerfully, admiring the bruise already forming on the left side of his cheeks. "Good morning, Ai."

He gave her a menacing growl in response, muttering profanities under his breath. "I thought we promised each other never to touch the face," he said haughtily. "'Beauty is a weapon,' isn't that what Leo always taught us? You dare to mess with my greatest asset?"

He had a hand placed dramatically over his heart, feigning a look of pain but the sarcasm not going by unnoticed.

"Don't worry, I'm sure the girls would be too blind to even notice that bruise. Or, you know, not exist?" she retorted and he shook his head.

"You're impossible. Come on then, hurry up, we have a kickboxing session today remember? I'll wait for you outside."

Amethyst rolled her eyes at his commands and Ai, pretending not to have noticed, left the room.

After a quick shower, she pulled on a pair of comfortable denim shorts, a sports bra and fit black tee, she opened the door of her room and was greeted with the heavy smell of coffee directly in her face. Ai gave her a smug look, clearly aware that he just made her blanch internally for her odd distaste towards coffee and its smell. He exaggerated the sigh he gave after taking one painstakingly long sip and wiggled his eyebrows at her.

"I freaking hate you," She glared, pulling her hair into a ponytail.

He laughed as he fell in step beside her. "Payback's a bitch Ames. And yes, I love you too."

She groaned again.

Quickening her pace, she made her way to the kitchen and raised an eyebrow at the mess that was sprawled across the kitchen counter and Maria, the head of housekeeping, her black hair tied back into a tight French braid and her perfect heart shaped lips curled in a small expression of disbelief as she continued scraping the spilled coffee that was mixed along with spilt milk and dried way too quickly.

Amethyst raised an eyebrow at the mess and cast a disbelieving glance towards Ai. He raised his hands up in defence, shaking his head at the accusation.

"I am so sorry about this Maria." Amethyst sighed and took a seat across the counter where things were a bit cleaner.

Maria gave a slight giggle "It's alright there Ames, this wasn't even your fault. I think it was Ricky and the others who were in a great hurry this morning for god knows what." Then suddenly, she stood up straight, hands clapped together. "Now then, what would the two of you like for breakfast?"

"That wouldn't be necessary Maria." Ai said, leaning against the doorframe. "We're both headed over to the gym for practise. We wouldn't want our little princess to throw up all over the arena. We'll come back later though."