Chapter 28- Occlumency

It was March when Snape called for yet another Occlumency lesson, and Harry frowned as he did so. The potential danger of it all stood in the back of his mind during all of his classes, but he had to learn it if he ever want Draco to be safe. That's what willed him through it, but then again, as he kept thinking, if Snape found out about Draco, neither of them would be safe. 

Through the busy corridor, Harry spotted Draco by his hair and tried to keep back a smile. That blonde git, he thought, but hey, at least it was an easy tracking device. He debated approaching him, but decided against it due to all the people in the perimeter. That, and Ron was with him, talking to Hermione about who knows what; Harry hadn't listened the entire conversation. 

But then, an idea itched his way to the back of his head. 

"Hey, Ron," Harry called, interrupting them without his eyes leaving Draco, whom was with Pansy and Blaise about twenty feet ahead, talking. 

"Hm?"

"How would you like to see Malfoy on the floor with his shoes tied together?"

Ron sputtered a bit of laughter. "I would very much like to see that, Harry," Ron glanced up to where Draco was. Times like this, Harry wished Ron knew, just because this would be so much funnier. 

"I would very much like to see that, too, dear old mate," Harry smiled warmly at him and took out his wand from under his robe. 

"Harry, don't cause trouble," Hermione scolded.  "He's a prefect. You don't want to go about messing with him. Again."

"Trust me, Hermione, I would love to mess with him," Harry smirked. "What's the worst he's going to do? Take away points. Darn. I think seeing him on the floor in the middle of the busiest corridor in the castle with everyone laughing at him would outweigh five stupid points. Should I make it so that he isn't able to untie his shoes himself?"

"Bloody hell, yes," Ron chanted. 

"You got it," Harry smirked at the back of Draco's head, and to himself he said, 'Sorry, love.' 

Hermione tried arguing, but as she did so, Harry cast a spell, tying Draco's shoes together without his knowledge, sending him to the ground unexpectedly. Pansy whipped around to him, mouth dropped. 

"What the hell," he heard Draco say, and then everyone in the entire hall stopped walking and started laughing instead, as if it was the funniest thing in the entire world. Ron next to him doubled over and chortled. 

"Okay, I guess that's funny," Hermione giggled, and Harry did indeed smile, let out a few chuckles, but that was it. He was too scared to laugh as much as he could. What if Snape saw this too? Maybe if he didn't laugh, Snape would see he had no interest in Draco other than being his enemy. 

"Guess? That was brilliant, Harry," Ron exclaimed, and he high-fived him, and just as he did so, Draco looked up to see it. 

"Potter," he growled, sticking his jaw out and scrunching his eyes in anger at him. That's when Harry smiled, but then jerked his head to the side and flicked his eyes towards the hall, where they both knew a sheltered alcove stood abandoned. Draco blinked, rolled over and hoisted himself up, not even caring if his shoes were still tied and he hopped after him. Everyone pointed and laughed at him as he did so. 

"You'd better run, mate," Ron suggested, "He looks furious."

"No, he looks like a bunny," Harry said, before taking off, leaving Ron to grasp him stomach, weak from laughter. As Draco sprung past him, he shoved Ron's shoulder. 

"Shut up, Weasley," he sneered, continuing after Harry. Ron fell to the floor because his knees couldn't handle it. 

Draco rounded the corner with his legs burning, and he hopped into the alcove where Harry waited for him in dark solitude.