Ch 7: I Shot Him in the Arm. Its Not Like I Tried to Kill Him.

Vega POV:

"And I'm telling you officer, as much as you would like to train your dogs using a foreign language, it will do more harm than good."

My father and the police chief stared at me, daddy looked worried, "but sweetie you have been trying them like that for years."

I hesitated, "and that normally works...but the phrases I learned for training are in Russian most criminals are not very smart and would be intimidated by the yelling of such a harsh language alone, it would put fear in the mind subconsciously. We fear the unknown and Russian isn't exactly well known or associated with the best of things..." I paused, "although I think its quite pretty actually. but besides that I also selected it because then the criminal could not simply keep yelling phrases in the hopes of calling off the dogs."

The chief rose a brow, "Its smart thinking Vega, its why I wanted you to train them that way, puts our force a bit above most to have a different way of training the dogs."

"I can also train them to respond to certain sounds or clicks. I think in your case it would be best."

"May I ask why?"

Again, I hesitated, "Leonardo Nights son, Wulf."

My dad instantly went ridged, "Did he do anything to you princess?"

"No...No daddy but for our project we had to go over ethnicities...Wulf is half Russian."

"That doesn't mean he knows it princess."

I sighed, "no that doesn't, he didn't even know he was half Russian until then...but what does matter is that he speaks four languages. Russian being one of them."

The chief choked on his coffee, "The kid is seventeen. four languages?"

I nodded, "Russian, Spanish, French, and...Latin."

"The little bastard speaks a dead language. How poetic."

My dad ran a hand through his hair, "...Leonard certainly was busy creating quite the heir."

"...He seems to hate him."

They stared at me.

"Wulf Night I mean. The mere mention of his dad lights his short fuse."

"Princess...are you sure nothing happened?"

Other than the whole, holding a gun to a chefs head, drugging me, forcing me to spend the night with him in his room, and offering me tattoos and sex? "no daddy nothing happened. It was just an observation. I would be happy to continue training your dogs chief, Just with a different method."

The older man nodded, "what do you need Vega?"

"The officers for the K-9 unit are going to need to be trained..with the dogs. Its inconvenient but..this way they could be used against the night family without the interference of Leonardos son."

I got the agreement I needed.

~~

Wulf POV:

"Son."

"father."

My dad and I glared at one another over his desk, "you promised information on the Moore family, its why I let your little sleepover with the girl pass." He gave me a pointed look.

If only I had gotten those hot pink panties off. 

"She didn't divulge much about her old man."

"So then what did you do?"

"I learned she's 5'7 with a nice set of pipes and a love for cars. oh and her old man goes to all her little school events and kick boxing matches. He's proud of his little girl, never missed a single event since he mom died, never wanted her to feel alone or something like that. With two parents one was always at least there, as a single parent he put it upon himself."

"so his daughter is good leverage."

I frowned, "no."

"And why not?"

"She has a strong vendetta against this family, I think she would go down kicking a screaming, bite her own tongue off and drown herself in her own blood if we managed to catch her, and if she shows up dead, you know there is no way you're getting out of it. She seems to be the darling of the police force already especially the older ones who knew her as a kid. They hate you now. touch vega and her father has no reason to live anymore. He will come after you and kill you."

"is that so?"

"yeah and I'm willing to bet there will be more than enough cops willing to help him. Vega likes to think her old man is perfect be we know better."

"That we do Beowulf. Still, you are being useless."

yeah yeah, heard that over and over.

Maybe I'm not trying to be useful.

Maybe I'm trying to get a sexy little school girl handcuffed to my bed.

Preferably in lace.

fuck she's sexy in lace, there is something erotic about such a soft delicate thing encasing her tough little body and sharp edged personality. 

But she wouldn't budge on the sex thing.

And I wasn't one to force a girl.

Or drug her.

Or get her drunk.

I like them lucid and willing.

And eager.

But I don't like sharing.

Hence the dibs on Hawaii.

I know my fucker of a father, I know his type, If he saw Vega he would have her. Whether she liked it or not.

And then I would have to shoot him.

And that would cause some problems.

Last time I shot him He locked me in the basement for a semester. Which was unfair considering I was fourteen and he told me to do it if I thought I could.

So I shot him in the arm. Its not like I tried to kill him.

Would have been fun to skin him with a cheese grater though. 

And It would have been ironic to kill him with cooking supplies since his bullet wound magically caused him to forget to feed me most of the time.

"sorry?"

"You're not sorry, you're just trying to be annoying."

And by the twitching of his thumb he was. "Am I?"

"You are."

"cool."

He rubbed his temples, "Beowulf, I'm leaving in two weeks to get a shipment in Miami, I don't want that girl here."

"Whatever."

I won't have Vega over.

But if she, the minor adrenaline junky, stumbles through my door for the party I'm throwing after the fall fling, it isn't my fault.

I'm not responsible for what she does and its not like I'm brining her here.

"son."

"im not bringing her over then dad."

Nope info about parties go into practically every hot chicks locker.

Its not my fault Hawaii's a hottie.