Ch 43: Roadrunner and Wile E Coyote

A/N this was supposed to be part of the last chapter but that would have made it very long.

~~

Wulf POV:

Vega left to get doughnuts.

Papa cop stared me down. "Your father abused you as a child Wulf?"

I stared at him for a moment, "you know, your not pretty like your daughter. And I'm not into guys."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

I shrugged, "I'm much more inclined to talk to a pretty girl. Vega gets to hear all sorts of fun things I'm sure you would love to know."

I leaned back in the chair, tempted to put my feet on one of the cops desks.

None of them seemed all too happy I was here but they were curious. "You know I see why she likes it here, its interesting. My place is strange and not in an interesting way."

He rubbed his jaw, "How so?"

I hummed picking up a pen and twirling it between my fingers. "Its just..curious..hey whats Vegas favorite flower?"

Papa cop went back to daddy mode, "why?"

I tisked, "questions go both ways."

"The hibiscus. She say's it reminds her of her mother."

I closed my eyes, allowing the image of those flowers woven through her hair to sink in, "I'm sure they would be gorgeous on her skin, she's very-"

The slamming of a fist against wood caused my eyes to fly open.

Moore's fist was still on the desk in front of me, "Watch what you say about my daughter."

I rose a brow, "I like art. I notice the details in everything. Her complexion is perfect for brighter colors, not neons but pinks, blues, and oranges in tropical hues."

He narrowed his eyes at me.

I offered a sly smile, "no ones hurting her so stop freaking out."

His jaw tensed. 

"Not that I don't find your daughter beautiful. She's fun to draw, the curve of her lips and the sharpness of her cheekbones fascinate me." I gestured to were they had taken my backpack, "can I have my stuff back?"

When it was in my hands I pulled out my sketchbook.

Not the one with the nude sketches Vega doesn't know I made but my tattoo one.

I flipped through the pages over the intricate patterns and ignored the prying eyes of the cops. until I landed on one of the first ones of her. 

It was one day when she was bored in anatomy, resting her head on her chin, he perfect claws curling beneath her.

"eh your pretty good kid."

I gave whatever cop that was a dismissive grunt and moved onto the one I was looking for. 

I tore the page from the book and handed it to her old man. 

look how nice I am.

He stared at it for a long moment, "when did you even manage to still her long enough for this?"

I shrugged, "I didn't. I don't forget faces. Well not ones I like." 

He frowned at me.

"what? She's attractive. Arrest me if you want, not going to change the fact half the male population in town wants her attention."