Ch 58: Apparently I am Unworthy

Vega POV:

I munched on my sandwich, trying to ignore the stares directed toward me.

Wulf told me he had something to do and took off late last night, and now the afternoon was creeping up on us, we had a date planned. he's not here.

I debated texting him but decided against it.

instead I tuned into what was around me, the hushed voices, "dude don't even think of messing with her, Wulf obviously decided she's his."

"but how important could she possibly be? She's a cops daughter. blood of the man bent on destroying the family. He won't mind if we freak her out a little."

I rolled my eyes. If they wanted to try it they could. then they can fail and be obliterated by an angry blonde.

"Hey."

I looked up at the guy who had apparently decided to go for screwing with my head. "hi?"

He grinned down at me, "so, what brings you down here?"

"the free food."

He blinked at my deadpan look. "uh.."

"What about you?"

"uh."

"I mean other than me."

"uhhm."

I rolled my eyes, brushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

He let out a low whistle, "nice bracelet, Who gave that to you? daddy?"

I nearly sneered at the hunting way he spoke about my father. "No."

"Then some poor little bastard aiming for your heart?"

The men snickered around us.

Wow. nice try, "not unless that's what you think Wulf is."

That got them to shut up.

"What no cool comeback? how sad of you, I could have sworn you guys were supposed to be-"

"Vega! Wulf told me to watch you."

I looked over to see one of Wulf's goons...one of the two that were aways around him, Jeremy I think his name was "Why?"

"Because according to him, you like to ruin the lives of men and he's not in the mood to beat up Vincent again or something like that."

I groaned, "explain to Wulf that He forcibly made my potential boyfriend a paranoid druggie, he burt down that club and beat the crap out of vincent, and kidnapped those other two strangers I never bothered getting the name of, he kidnapped me several times, and He He..." I trailed off biting my lip.

"He?.."

"nothing."

"Doesn't feel like nothing, if he comes back and you don't jump into his arms like a happy little thing he is going to blame me."

I sighed, "I know. With him its never my fault."

"And that makes you sad?"

"No hell no Its like being invincible in a gunfight. Its just tip toeing around things to keep him from flying off his hinges."

"Wulf isn't that bad."

I shot him a look, "you're not something he considers his. Where is he anyways we were supposed to go out."

"Working."

Shady as shit answer. I rose a brow.

Jeremy shrugged, "sorry. Cant say much."