Ch 28: Present

Vega POV:

Wulf buried his face in my neck, the silk sheets tangled around us. I could feel his grin against my skin, "You know its cute when you get playful during sex, you should do it more often."

I flushed, "don't you dare go th-"

"you even giggle when I do that thing with my-"

"Beowulf!"

"Yes Bambi?"

"don't go there."

He sighed, "...you looked gorgeous tonight."

I turned a deeper shade of red. Wulf rarely gave compliments that didn't sound nonchalant or taunting. It meant he genuinely meant it. "thank  you...I had fun."

Wulf took me to dinner, something about wanting to shove connection and the bullshit of romance in my face so he never has to bother with it again.

basically he took me on a date and then took me home to practically maul me.

It was nice in a weird way to spend time with Wulf without being naked, drugged, or tied to anything.

He's actually sort of pleasant to be around. 

He brought me to this crazy good nacho place. 

Steak nachos 

Pork nachos.

Breakfast omelet nachos 

Sunday nachos

Chili dog nachos.

It was heaven.

Although it was obvious that Wulf was not a nacho person.

I think thats what made me want to come home with him and not just have sex, maybe let him draw on me, and then ignore or escape but to actually curl into his side. He remembered how much I love nachos and he hunted down that amazing nacho shop.

So damn it yes I want after sex cuddles.

Just this once, never again.

Even if he's warm and fun to trace patterns in with my nails. 

And he's so much bigger than I am, he dwarfs me without even trying, engulfing me in his arms.

He keeps excellent care of his body. I don't like hairy men so its a big plus. And he always smells like mint and grass, well and gunpowder. it was a strangely comfortable scent to be surrounded by.

But still just this once. only cuddling this once.

Fingers traced the small of my back pleasantly, "I don't understand why you like nachos so much."

"I love all finger foods, especially when they are crunchy and contain meat."

He chuckled going back to kissing along my neck. 

"What is todays ink Angel face?"

"It doesn't suit you either but its a string of dreamcatchers."

oh, how pretty.

Why doesn't it suit me?

"Hey I think they are cool why don't they suit me?"

He shrugged, "you don't seem like the girl to use string and feathers to catch your dreams. You would want to grasp them in your own two hands. Its sexy."

I hummed shifting so I lie on top of him, "You know Wulfie if you were more secretive about what an ass you are when it comes to what you want, you probably could have had me in the palm of your hand."