Ch 29: Epic Moment in History

Vega POV

~~

"Thats such a pretty necklace Vega!"

I gasped, dropping the key pendant before calming, "oh...Franny its just you."

She grinned a little, "Who did you think it was? your dad?"

I flushed.

"...you so did! thats means you didn't even process who was talking just that someone saw it!"

oh dear god.

She leaned against my kitchen counter, "A boy gave that to you didn't he!? And so soon after what happened with Zach, your dad must not know. Oh my god you are dating a boy he wouldn't like!"

Why must my friend be smart? "not dating."

"But he gave you that pretty necklace, you expect me to believe its because he has a crush on you only?"

"no..."

"your not telling me something."

I scratched the back of my neck, "well you know as girls we have needs too..."

"okay and?"

"And uh...I have been having someone take care of certain needs."

She dropped the cookie she had been holding. "oh. my. god. you...you have been having sex with some guy with a no strings attached thing."

"uh..yeah."

"I thought you were a virgin."

"yeah that ship sailed before I moved here."

she nodded, "do you like him?"

"No. He's terrible for me, a total manipulative jerk."

"but?"

I toyed with the key, "but...I think I'm starting not to care how shitty of a person he is. He's fun Fran and sexy and he's smart. Charming when he wants to be. I hate him, but I find myself keeping his secrets."

"Are you going to tell me who it is?"

"no. How are things with you and Abe?"

"He feels bad about picking your side so he wants to split his time with us and her."

I nodded "Not what I meant, since we are on the topic of boys lets talk about how hard you have been crushing on him."

Her turn to blush.

Although mine was less of an innocent crush blush and more of a remembering what I did with the hot blonde last night blush.

"I..is it that obvious?"

"Yes. But he likes you too, its cute."

"Really?"

She looked hopeful it was sort of sweet, "yeah."

"But...im not exactly a hottie."

I rolled my eyes, "beauty is not something that should ever have a standard, its all opinion some people think im an ugly twig or am scary but you are gorgeous to them. Make sense?"

She laughed a bit, "no one could possibly think you're ugly Vega but yeah I think I get it we all have different taste."

"If we didn't we would all want the same person and our race would die out. And I'm sure Abe thinks you are much prettier than me."

She blushed again, "you think?"

"Its obvious that he thinks you are beautiful he never takes his eyes off you."

"Thanks Vega."

"No need, I'm only speaking the truth."

She smiled and hugged me.

For a short girl Franny was strong.

~~

"Project time again class."

I frowned at our anatomy teacher as Wulf grinned. The man already knew my anatomy thanks to our last project leading dark places and now our teacher is throwing me to him again.

God knows what that grin angel face is sporting means.

"This time you will be working in groups of four. So chose the other set of two wisely class."

Wulf and I's roles reversed.

Ha. This means he wouldn't get to be alone with me.

He did not look happy.

This was an epic moment in history.

Beowulf Night was not getting his way. Someone should seriously throw our teacher a parade.

Shes earned it.

I threw a paper ball at Franny.

She turned and made a bunch if gestures that I returned. We were so going to be partners whether our lab partners agreed or not.

Wulf frown deepened as he whispered to me, "no fucking way. I am not risking seeing fat franny naked."

I glared, "wulf."

"Vega."

"Do this for me and maybe I'll be your french maid for a day."

He rose a brow, "maybe?"

"Fine maybe a whole day but a definite half day."

"Deal but I get to pick the outfit."

I absently agreed.

Note to self; best way to make Wulf agreeable is through that creepy costume fetish of his.

Besides how bad could one french made outfit possibly be?

The moment i thought it I wanted to curse myself.

Its his fucking fetish of course he's gonna know where to find the worst snakiest things to put me it.

But it was to late now, that devious mind of him was probably thinking up exactly all sorts of thing to put me in I mean hes like an evil geniu-

"I already know what I'm going to put you in, and here I thought you meant it when saturday you said you would never wear the fetishwear present i bought you."

Ah fuck.