Chapter 6 : Who Is He?

We were in MacDonald's eating our supper. There was only us and a sleeping cashier since it was late. I was eagerly eating my Big Mic, chicken nuggets, some fries and an ice tea. I maybe ate a lot, but I was hungry. Cameron only took a black coffee, I proposed him something else, but he refused. Seemed like he had no money with him and no cell phone. Strange...

When I finished eating my food, I let out a contented sight. I had so much questions in my head that I didn't know where to start. So we ended up in an uncomfortable silence.

'Umm, so Cameron is it?' I tried to start a conversation, but he just nodded. 'How did you know where I was?'

'I just knew and I can smell you.'

'Smell me?' I said confused and again he nodded like it was normal. 'Okay... And what about the dreams?'

'I was the one who linked our mind together. I could easily manipulate your mind in your sleep since humans are in their weakest state.' he explained.

'Okay... Any other things I should now?' He was really weird, like he talked like he had super powers.

'Yes, you have to know that you're mine and no one else. Contrarily to some of you, we don't share. I'll kill anyone intending to harm or approach you.'

'W-what do you mean by some of us? Who is we? And kill?!?' I stated starting to panic.

'I can't answer at these questions... Yet. Just promise me this first. You're mine and no one else.'

'Yours? We don't even know each other! And it's not like we're dating!' I nearly screamed.

'We will have time to know each other after our pact and... What is dating?'

'Are you serious? Do you really don't know what dating is?' I asked in disbelief and he only nodded in answer. 'In what century do you think you're living in?' I joked not really wanting an answer and he just looked at me confused. 'Anyways... let's start by being friend.' I finally said.

'If you insist...' he grumbled.

'So what's your number?'

'Number?' he asked raising an eyebrow.

'Yeah, your phone number, you know?'

'Oh you mean this thing?' he said taking out a bland new IPhone and gave it to me.

I opened it and went to his contacts and found his number and saved it on my phone. I did the same with his and gave it back to him.

'Okay, done! I'll text you later.' I said with a smile and he nodded. 'I think it's time for me to go home...' I mumbled to myself looking at my watch.

'I'll take you home.' he said getting up and was already walking toward the door.

I couldn't even refuse, when I got outside he was already waiting for me with the passenger door open. I quickly ran toward him, mumbled a thank you and went in. I put my seat belt on meanwhile Cameron was getting in his side of the car.

He drove me home in silence except for when I was giving him directions. When we arrived in front of my house, I undo the seat belt and was going to say thank you when he kissed me softly on the lips.

'Goodnight, Matt. See you tomorrow.'

'W-what w-was that for?!?'

'A goodbye kiss. Now go, your mother is waiting for you.' he said pointing at the window with my mother watching us.

I looked shocked, did my mother saw the kiss?!? I sighted stressed and got out of the car. I walked into the house and before I could do anything my mom was already on me.

'Do you know how late it is and how long we waited for you?' said my mother angry.

'I'm sorry mom, but why were you all waiting for me?' I apologized and asked confused.

'You don't remember?! Yesterday, I told you we had something planned tonight! And here you come back at 10 p.m in a stranger car?!? And why didn't you answer your phone?' she started to shout. 'We will talk about this later... Go to the diner room now.' sighted my mother shaking her head.

'I'm sorry mom... I forgot and my phone battery is dead...' I said with my head low while walking into the diner room.

When I entered the room, my father and sister were in front of empty plates with a cake in the center of the table. Guilt immediately poured into me and just sat on my chair, my head still held low.

'I'm very sorry, dad and Jess...'

'We'll talk about this later son.' said my father quite angry.

'Did you ate?' asked my mom as she got in the room too.

'Yes, I ate...'

'Alright, then.' she said as she sat down. 'Where were you and who was the man who drived you home tonight?'

'I was in a coffee shop and then I sort of lost myself in my thoughts and didn't notice the time pass. And... Cameron is... Someone I met at the club we went yesterday and just bumped into each other when I was going to go home.' I lied about the last part.

'Do you know how much your mother, Jess and me worried about you when you were late?' asked my father crossing his arms.

'Yes, I know now. I'm very sorry! I really forgot about this and Jess... I'm really sorry to have ruined your birthday...'

'Our birthday Matt...' she corrected with sadness in her voice.

They all sighted and my parents obviously calmed down, but Jess... She still didn't want to look at me in the eyes.

'We'll eat and celebrate both of your birthday tomorrow morning, when we'll all be in a happier mood. Now, both of you go to sleep.' ordered mom.

'Goodnight.' Jess and I said together.

We went upstairs and my sister went into her room and closed the door on me. I knocked and waited for her to answer or open the door. But when it seemed like she didn't felt like it, so I knocked again.

'Jess? I'm very sorry if I ruined your... Our birthday... I know how much you waited for this day, but I swear! I really forgot about this and...' I couldn't finish since, she opened the door.

'Why did you lie?' said Jess.

'Lied? It's the truth Jess! I really forgot about this!'

'No, no about that. About Cameron.'

'W-what about him?' I asked nervous not looking at her eyes.

'I saw both of you in the car. I was the one that saw you before I told mom.' she said crossing her arms and looked at me straight in the eyes.

'Well...' I didn't know what to say.

'Don't lie to me Matt. You promised remember? No secrets between us...' she said and I could see pain into her eyes.

What should I tell her? Should I tell her the truth with my dreams and all or lie to her again? What should I do? Please someone help me!

Hey guys! Did you like it? 

Please comment about what you think about it and tell me what you guys will do if you were Matt. Will you tell the truth or lie again?

Thanks for reading and don't forget to comment and vote!