Chapter 7 : 18 anniversary

I looked away from my sister piercing glare. What should I say? The truth? A lie? No, if I lie, she would know right away... But if I tell her the truth, I didn't know how she would react of me being gay...

'Ummmm...' I said still thinking and Jess sighted.

'Fine... I'll let it go for now! But Matt, I'm a bit hurt that you don't talk to me anymore like when we were younger.' she murmured the last part and I didn't quite understand.

'What did you say?'

'Nothing, now let's go sleep.' she answered while shaking her head.

''Night, Jess.'

''Night Matt.' and she closed her door.

I sighted and went into my own. All this conversation made me think of Cameron. We didn't know anything about each other, only that I saw him in my dreams and he talked a weird English. If I remember... It seemed like it was old English, it resemble very much to how Macbeth or Romeo and Juliet are written.

Who talked like this now? Language evolved and old English was replaced by modern English... Except if he lived in this period of time?

No, no that's impossible. Matt, just go to sleep. Yeah that was a good idea.

I stripped from my clothes except for my boxers and went straight on my bed under my usual fluffy bed cover.

I sighted and drifted into a peaceful slumber.

The next day...

My phone didn't stop to ring since this morning. Each time I checked who it was and it was always a different name. Cameron called me only once and since I declined his offer for dinner today because of my family party, he didn't called me again. I hoped that he wasn't too angry about it.

It was so annoying with all the buzzing and ringing. People I didn't even talked at school, sent me a text saying 'Happy Birthday! Will you do a party?' Then a thought hit me, I just had to close my phone off and let it in my room! Yeah that's a good idea, just for the day.

So I took my phone and closed it. Tossing my phone back on the bed, I went back downstairs in order to celebrate my birthday.

To apologize from yesterday, I did breakfast for everyone, eggs, bacon and pancakes with some fruits.

'Smells good!' exclaimed my mother while she walked into the room under my father's arm.

'I did eggs, bacon and pancakes with some fruits!' I answered while putting the pancakes on each plate. 'Sorry for yesterday... I really forgot about it...'

'It's okay son, what is done is done. We will celebrate it now instead.' explained my father as I gave him his morning coffee. 'Thanks.'

'Smells heavenly! What are we having for breakfast mom?' entered Jess with a huge smile.

'Egg, bacon and pancakes with fruits.' I repeated again.

'YOU are cooking?!'

'Yeah, and?' I asked with an eyebrow up.

'Well last time you did, you burned the eggs and bacon, the pancakes were all mushy... Only the fruits were well sliced.' said my sister with an evil smirk.

'That was five year ago!' I answered back, blushing. I turned, so I was showing my back to her.

'Well let's see, if you improved!' say joyfully mom.

'Even if it's good, I'm never going to do breakfast for you ever again...' I muttered.

'Awe, come on! You can't handle a little joke?' she teased hugging me from behind.

'It wasn't funny.' I continued to pout as i transferred the sun eyed eggs on the plates.

'I'll cook for you in apologize!' she bargained.

'For one week.' I answered. Yeah one week, because Jess cooking was as good as mother's.

'Deal one week.' she said and messed with my hair before going to sit at the table.

I groaned, she didn't know how long I needed to spend on those hair. But at least I had one week of Jess food!

'Breakfast is ready!' I say joyfully taking the four plates and put it on the table in front of them. Even, the plating was perfect. I smiled happy with the results and sat down. We started to eat and surprisingly, Jess moaned.

'Wow, the pancakes are really good! How did you made them that way?' she looked at me expectantly.

'Secret.'

'Awe come on! Tell me!'

'Nope and you weren't you the one that complained about my cooking a few minute ago?'

'If you don't tell me, when I'll be able to eat those pancakes again?'

'You'll have to gain it from me.' I grinned and took a bite of the so famous pancake.

Well, I would have to give myself some credits. It was really good indeed.

'Seems like you improved. When did you find the time to practice?' asked mother.

'Never practiced, only watched MasterChef.' I joked. 'Nah, just had great teachers.' I smile truthfully to my mother and sister.

We continued to eat in a comfortable silence and when we finished dad sat up and went toward the fridge. He took out a white box and put it in front of Jess and me. Mother took out the candles and a lighter.

'So, who's going to open the box?' asked father.

I eyed my sister, she liked surprises and presents some much.

'Go ahead Jess.' I smiled to her and she let a squeal before slowly opening the box.

Inside there was a handmade cake with a picture of me and Jess on it with a big 18 under it.

I smiled at that and tears came up, but after blinking a few times they disappeared.

I couldn't imagine that I could have missed this yesterday.

Mom put the candles and lighten it before our parents sing our birthday song. Then we both made a wish and blowed the fire on the candles together.

'Happy Birthday to both of you.' exclaimed our parents with a big gentle smile.

We cut the cake and each of us had a piece of it, but it was Jess that had the biggest part. She had such a sweet tooth.

'That remind me, I have a present for you!' Jess and me said at the same time and we laughed.

Jess gave me the new book I was waiting for a long time and I gave her some new make up. Of course, mom helped me because I couldn't understand a thing to these things.

'Happy Birthday Jess.' I said softly.

'Happy birthday Matt.' She answered.

'Thank you mom and dad!' we both said together.