Chapter 18 : So Close to... Death

When I woke up, I wasn't in my room anymore, but at Cameron's place. Why? I didn't know. Then I remembered what happened before everything went black. Cameron and I were making out then he said mom was home and... Nothing. He better had a good explanation or I would not forgive him... Probably.

Then the door opened and Cameron walked toward me, but something seemed off. It wasn't like the other days, he was more... menacing. For the first time, I could feel how dangerous my mate was. He really was the daemon King. I was about to talk, but he suddenly took my neck between his two hands starting to choke me. I was surprised, but most of all very confused. I tried to get his hands off me, but he was way too strong.

It was so hard to breathe... So hard...

I was falling back into darkness... It was cold, but at least peaceful...

Then I could breathe all over again. I started to cough and slowly opened my eyes again, only to see two Cameron fighting each other. For a moment, I thought I was still dreaming, but everything seemed so real...

After moments of fighting, one of the two Cameron was standing panting and the other one on the ground unconscious. Cameron's room started to fade and yet again, I was back into my house and the one on the ground wasn't Cameron, but my sister's friend... What was his name again? Oh yeah, Andrew!

Cameron's hands were everywhere, always asking me if I was okay or if I was hurt. I shook my head in answer and he relaxed.

'I'm so sorry. I was downstairs with your mom for a minute and when I came back this guy was choking you.' he apologized hugging me tightly. 'I'm so sorry...' he continued to say these words like a mantra.

'It's okay... Not your fault.' I tried to say while my throat was hurting me and I was given a glass of water. So I took a sip and immediately I felt relieved.