Chapter 26 : Wait for me

I was back inside another white room and honestly, it started to piss me off. Everything was fucking white! People's clothes, furniture, walls, everything! I was going crazy! I sat on the edge of the bed and all the adrenaline flooding through me during my confrontation with the woman disappeared. I started to shake and put my head into my arms. I tried to hold it in, but tears were now falling and I couldn't stop.

I was hoping Cameron was coming for me or I didn't know what I was going to do. I couldn't keep this attitude each time I would meet them.

It wasn't the time to be depressed, so I decided to sleep, to refuge myself into my dreams. There, I could dream of my life 700 years ago and of my life with him now.

"Please wake up sir, it's time to get up." said someone while slightly shaking my shoulder.

"Five more minutes..." I groaned as I turned around.

"I'm sorry sir, but I can't do that or you'll be late." a feminine voice explained. "It's finally the day sir, his highness will be waiting for you in less than two hours."

I opened my eyes finally remembering what day we were. I looked at my personal maid, her beautiful pink eyes and her mysterious beauty that only daemons had. She was a sight to see every morning.

"Good morning, Aries." I greeted her with a smile.

"Good morning sir." she greeted back also with a smile. "His highness is requesting your presence when the sun is at its highest."

"Did he mention the purpose?"

"Sir, his highness will present you as his mate in front of all the Kingdom! Did Sir forget?" she answered excitedly.

I looked at her not believing my ears. It was today?!

"It slipped out of my mind. Let's fasten pace then." I answered getting excited.

I got out of bed and Aries helped me do my morning chores: clean my body with a wet cloth, dress up, comb my hair...

When everything's completed, it was almost time. So, Aries took me to see my husband or so they say, mate. She knocked at a humongous door before a deep voice demanded us to enter.

"Your Highness, I bring you your mate." she said solemnly while bowing all her upper body.

"Thank you, Aries. You can go." he dismissed her before she nodded and disappeared behind the doors. "My Love, come." he greeted with a smile and open arms.

I smiled and almost ran into his arms, but remembered that we weren't alone. So, I walked toward the love of my life. As a greeting, I kissed him softly before I sat on the smaller chair next to him.

"I, the king of the Kingdom, welcome to all of you to my party. Before we start the festivities I want to officially present you, my mate, Marcus!" he greeted as he stood up and gently took my hand, so I could stand beside him as the crowd cheered.

We waited for the applause to calm down before Cameron continued. "On this note, please enjoy yourselves and let's the party get started." my mate continued before we both sat back down.

Everything went perfectly when suddenly the landscape started to change. The castle was no more, but replaced by scary looking trees. My husband wasn't at my side anymore. I was on my knees, my hands tied behind my back and blindfolded.

"Please forgive our rudeness, but please understand Sir Marcus that you were fooled by a Daemon. He is known to deceive everyone around him and bring chaos to this Kingdom." explained an unknown voice.

When I didn't answer, a group of voiced begged, "Please, remove clouded thoughts and open mind to the lights."

"Let me go." I ordered softly, but my tone was cold and ordering.

"Not until your mind is clear from doubt." the same unknown voice answered.

"I. Said. Let. Me. Go." I commanded and soon after my hands, and eyes were freed from bonds. "You'll. Take. Me. Back. To. My. Mate. Now." I continued not wasting time as they all nodded and mentioned me to follow.

We walked in silence, but time to time I repeated the same command so my powers wouldn't wear off. Soon, I heard a familiar growl and those shiny red eyes. I pushed the men surrounding me aside as I started to run toward my mate.

But before I reached his hand, I feel to my knees and blood started to spill. I looked down and saw a spear through my chest. Then I looked back up to meet my mate gaze trying to decipher his words. However, my eyes grew heavy and breathing became too hard. I feel into someone's arms and felt myself became colder.

Until there was nothing, but before that I felt something warm on my lips and some whispered words.

"Wait for me my Love, I'll come get you, but for now, please rest."