Chapter 42 : Memories

I followed Sitri until we were in another room that I never saw before. It was empty except for the multiples bottles on a table and a chair. What was in the bottles? That I couldn't know since they were all different in sizes and colours. It looked old and well not very appealing.

"What are we doing here?" I asked slightly nervous.

"I'll help you retrieve your memories. That was the King's plan," he walked until he was behind the table and opened a drawer.

He took out something before closing the drawer. I watched the Daemon walk back to me with something in his hand.

"How?"

He opened his palm and showed me a transparent bottle with a red liquid inside.

"What's inside?" I asked curiously as I took the small bottle and looked at it.

"Blood. It's King Cameron's blood," he explained making me look at him curiously before looking back at the... Blood.

"What should I do with it?"

"Drink it, of course," he answered as if it was the most normal thing to do. "When his blood is in your system, it'll activate some sleeping memories in you."

"Does this have any... Side effects?" I asked warily.

He nodded making me gulp, "Time. It depends on the person drinking the blood. It could take you a few hours or a few days to wake up. Depending on how much it's going to show you."

"What was the longest time before someone woke up after drinking someone's blood?"

Sitri looked at me surely wondering if he should tell me. "Four years."

"Four years?!" I repeated a little panicked. "What will happen to Cameron if I happen to wake up only years later after I drink this?"

"It's a risk he is willing to take. Look, when you'll be out cold, your body state will be like frozen in time. You will not age no matter how long you take to wake up," he explained making me frown.

"Like the time I unsealed him?" I mumbled not knowing how I knew this since I couldn't remember anything about this event.

"Yes, that's right," he nodded before adding, "Are you still up for this?"

Was I? I read the books and they told me things Deus never did. During my stay here, it seemed I had a completely different life than the one I had with Deus. I wanted to know what the Daemons knew about the other me. Then... Then I will decide.

"Okay, let's do this," I agreed before sitting on the chair.

I looked at the bright red liquid. It looked like his eyes. I took a deep breath before opening the bottle and put the rim on my lips. I closed my eyes and lifted it up. I felt the blood glide on my lips and into my mouth. Instinctively, I swallowed it before straightening up and closed it.

I looked up, but it wasn't Sitri that I was seeing it was Cameron. He was kneeling in front of me as he gave me a smile.

"I can't wait to show the others that you're my mate."

"I am excited too. But what if they don't approve of me?" I asked as he gently stroked my cheek.

"I don't care if they do or not. I'm the King. Only my opinion matters."

I nodded and took his hand in mine, "I love you."

"I love you too."

The memory started to blur before another setting took place. Was I now in town? There were humans walking around me as Sitri was beside me.

"Do you know what Cameron would like for his birthday?" I hummed as I looked around at the different shops.

"Anything that comes from you will make him happy," answered Sitri.

"That doesn't help me..." I mumbled as I approached a stand with various objects on it.

I noticed a pocket watch and took it to look at it for more details. It was pretty and I could already see him using it. I opened it and the inside was as pretty as the outside.

"How much is this?" I asked the older man who was looking at me warily.

"It's free," he answered making me frown.

"No, it's not. Please tell me how much."

"J-Just take it and go back from where you came from!" the man shouted as he looked at Sitri with fear and hatred.

I warily walked away and started to walk back to the castle. On my way there, I heard people whispering on how I could throw away my humanity and be with a monster. They doubted that I was still human. Some pitied me saying that the Daemon King was using his powers on me.

My sight blurred before the scenery changed again. This time, it was nighttime and I was running. It seemed like I was running away from a group of people. Then a familiar memory came back to me. It felt so familiar as if I already saw this before.

"Please forgive our rudeness, but please understand Sir Marcus that you were fooled by a Daemon. He is known to deceive everyone around him and bring chaos to this Kingdom." explained an unknown voice.

Who was Sir Marcus? Was it me? Was it my name 700 years ago?

When I didn't answer, a group of voice begged, "Please, remove clouded thoughts and open mind to the lights."

"Let me go," I ordered softly, but my tone was cold and ordering.

"Not until your mind is clear from doubt." the same unknown voice answered.

"I. Said. Let. Me. Go." I commanded and soon after my hands, and eyes were freed from bonds. "You'll. Take. Me. Back. To. My. Mate. Now." I continued not wasting time as they all nodded and mentioned me to follow.

We walked in silence, but time to time I repeated the same command so my powers wouldn't wear off. Soon, I heard a familiar growl and those shiny red eyes. I pushed the men surrounding me aside as I started to run toward my mate.

But before I reached his hand, I feel to my knees and blood started to spill. I looked down and saw a spear through my chest. Then I looked back up to meet my mate gaze trying to decipher his words. However, my eyes grew heavy and breathing became too hard. I feel into someone's arms and felt myself became colder.

Until there was nothing, but before that, I felt something warm on my lips and some whispered words.

"Wait for me my Love, I'll come get you, but for now, please rest."