Chapter 44 : Dream

When I first opened my eyes, everything was blurry. I blinked my eyes multiple times since my arms were so heavy. Slowly, the blurriness went away. I wanted to sit up or look around, but I still couldn't move. Even if I was willing it, my body just felt so heavy.

Was I still under the effect of Cameron's blood?

Yes, Cameron... My mate. Where was he again? He was... That's right, he was taken from me. Deus... Everything was their fault. I will kill them. I will make them suffer, but I needed more power. I had to get stronger.

"Sitri," I called. My voice was so hoarse and dry. I hoped he heard me. Being a Daemon, his hearing was much more developed than mine, but I only managed a weak whisper. "Sitri," I called again, but louder this time making me cough.

When I could breathe without choking on nothing, my eyes roamed around the room. It looked like I was in our bedroom. Fortunately, I could see the window. It was so dark outside, was it nighttime? How long had I been asleep? Please, don't say months or years. Even if Cameron was the Daemon King, he was still in danger being in the enemy territory.

Finally, the door opened. I heard some footsteps before Sitri came into sight. I weakly smiled at him. I did miss the man.

"Sitri... How have you been?" I forced myself to say even if my throat was itching.

"Matt," he looked like he was about to cry, "Please forgive me for my incompetence! If it wasn't for my mistake, you wouldn't have suffered in the enemy's hand," he apologized as he kneeled beside the bed with his head bowed down.

What? Oh, he was talking about my kidnapping. "That's okay..." I coughed before he rushed and held the glass of water for me, so I could take a sip through the straw. This felt so good. "Thank you," Sitri put the glass away, "I never thought that it was your fault. So you don't need to beg for forgiveness."

"But I still have to beg for it. It was my task given by our King to protect you and I failed. I apologize for being so useless."

I looked at his hair since he was still looking down. I waited for a while hoping he would look up, but he stayed there unmoving.

"I forgive you Sitri," I gently said as he looked up.

"Thank you very much!"

I smiled at him. I struggled to sit up, so he came to help me. I leaned on the headboard with a sigh. The bed felt so big without my mate...

"How long was I asleep?" I blurted out.

"Fortunately, only for two days and a half."

I sighed relieved. It wasn't two years, but two days. I could still go and help my mate.

"Did something happen?"

Sitri started to explain Cameron's plan. It seemed like the weird ritual they did on me the other day was to hide my presence. That was why Deus didn't notice me in the washroom when they took Cameron away. Now, not only my mate but the child they kidnaped and turned into a Daemon was loyal to us. He managed to obtain a lot of information since his mother was one of the elders. In that kid reports, Deus still didn't completely trust my mate or I mean me since they locked him in a room without a door. Deus seemed to be furious that I failed to kill the King. They will need a few more days or weeks to get a new strategy on track. They believed that Cameron should be on his guard now.

"What if the child betrays us?" I asked worriedly. I couldn't ignore any dark cloud that casted their shadow on my mate.

"Don't worry, he is wearing an enchanted necklace which is linked to my mind. I know what he is thinking and what are his plans. We can eliminate him if he does think to betray us," I nodded as I absorbed as much information as I could.

"I have to go join my mate," I stated.

"I know how you feel, but you need to rest," he scolded me before adding in a gentler tone, "Tomorrow, we will talk more about the plans. But rest for today, okay?"

"Thanks. I missed you," I honestly said since he had been at my side even in my past life.

"We all missed you too, Matt."

Before heading out, he helped me go back on my back and tucked me under the bed covers. The light automatically turned off leaving me in the big dark bedroom. I couldn't believe that I was back. When I was with Deus, I always wished to come back home, but now that I was back... I only wished to return there. I felt like I was being tossed around by everyone. Everything happened so fast without a break. I pouted, I wanted Cameron to fuck me senseless!

I missed him so much.

I shivered when my mom's face appeared in my mind. I will be grounded until the rest of my days. I didn't call her as promised and skipped the family reunions without adding the holidays! I was dead meat. I hoped, really hoped that Cameron found an excuse good enough to save me...  Us. She will not leave him alone either. Not only my mom, but my dad will give me the look silently saying: "You shouldn't make your mom worry like that," and my twin sister...

"Oh Lord save me," I whispered to myself dreading the day we will go back home, but still smiled in the end. I did miss them a lot.

When everything will be settled, we should all go on vacation somewhere. We will have some quality time together. Yeah... Everyone together...

With that happy thought in mind, I slowly drifted to sleep dreaming of my family, but mostly Cameron.